WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Personally, I'd have bought one of the lower-priced Seikos. That may be a bit of snobbery, though...

I see Fossil as a fashion brand for young people, which rules it out for me. Sorry, can't help it!

I believe the movement is a Japanese Miyota (ie. Citizen), which is very respectable, and I think Fossil gives a long guarantee too, so they are certainly not 'nonsense' watches.

In their favour, Fossil do make some attractive watches, and anyone who can persuade young people to buy watches (especially mechanical watches) has to be on the side of the angels.

(I think I prefer the Knight automatic on the right side of the page)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks pals for your comments! :) Yep I liked this one because looks young and suits me well but I also like Seiko's Kinetics, they rule...well you know, no more watches for me now, it's enought lol:-D
Regards
Batman

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks pals for your comments! :) Yep I liked this one because looks young and suits me well but I also like Seiko's Kinetics, they rule...well you know, no more watches for me now, it's enought lol:-D
Regards
Batman
I like it. It's very modern looking but nice. Would like to see it in person ;-)

Michael

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mcchomiz, if you buy one of those Fossil watches you'll fall in love with em, they're so atractive and they come in a nice metal box. I'm so happy at this moment watching the time ;-):):-!
Hard: yes, I have seen Nike's watches and all I can say is they're so cool, sportive and light, however they're a lil bit expensive:think::)

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
congratulations batman,

I guess you are now perfectly prepared for the big bang, hu...? ;-) :-D :)

regards, holger

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the mechanical watch. I've now seen the new Fossil automatics. I think you'll enjoy it. The only battery powered watches I'm crazy about are the G-Shocks. Other than that, I prefer mechanicals.
Thanks Cal and Seiko :), I love Seikos, G's and other watches specially mechanicals too, they always look great and are so useful.
I'd like to meet people who knows about this kind of watches because I'm a noob on this and wanna learn eveything about this technology! there are still things I dont know:think:
Regards pals
Batman

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Batman,
Congratulations on the new watch! Glad you found something you liked. It's trendy enough to wear everyday, yet you can just get away with wearing it to formal occasions. Nice going with the leg work finding that analogue you wanted.

Wear in good health.:-!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Batman,
Congratulations on the new watch! Glad you found something you liked. It's trendy enough to wear everyday, yet you can just get away with wearing it to formal occasions. Nice going with the leg work finding that analogue you wanted.

Wear in good health.:-!
Thanks pal, I like it so much I think I should wear it only at parties but cant get it off my wrist yet;-)
See yas n_n
Batman

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Batman,

Fossil makes some very nice and affordable watches. Yours looks very nice. It's a kind of automatic or kinetic watch.

Cheers,

Sjors
It's kinetic your wrist movement keeps it alive and it can store "energy" for about 40 hours if you don't wear it. It's very afforable and has 10 Bar so it's ok for normal use, do you wear any kinetic watch?:)
regards
Batman

·
Registered
815 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Two good watches. The Seiko 5 series are excellent affordable watches. They are smaller than the diver watches, but I expect you know that.

Remember that you can change the metal bracelets for rubber. There are some great rubber straps out there, and they cost very little. Get the watch you like the best, and then find a rubber strap to go with it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It's kinetic your wrist movement keeps it alive and it can store "energy" for about 40 hours if you don't wear it. It's very afforable and has 10 Bar so it's ok for normal use, do you wear any kinetic watch?:)
regards
Batman
Actually, the one you showed us in your link isn't kinetic, it's automatic.

Automatic = mechanical, has a rotor that winds a mainspring (basically), no electronics whatsoever
Kinetic = has a rotor that charges a capacitor, kinda like a mechanical, but still a quartz watch that basically uses a rechargeable battery

|>

1 - 20 of 40 Posts