WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a great MT-G GS-2000 model from the Sales corner two weeks ago. I knew the hour hand was a little offset. Since I somehow lost my internet connection tonight, I thought I should have a look at it.

The hour hand was about 20 minutes off, which is a little too much to see through the fingers. It was not easy to get at the module. You need to remove the resin bracelet attachment. I also removed some shock adsorbing material that keeps the module in place. With two very small screwdrivers, I managed to get at the hour hand (I had set the watch to 21:00, so I had to try to get the hour hand at the 9, which was actually pretty easy. Since it was hard to get at the module, I also placed a new battery.

Here some gut shots:

My first G-Shock with one Jewel!

It's a bit funny to find this direct under the back lid. The back plate is in fact also the battery lock.

I very much like the look of the GS-2000 and MTG-121. Very simple, analog only. Valaker, thanks for the great transaction.

Bram has new shoes, Azrael has a new residence...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
827 Posts
I bought a great MT-G GS-2000 model from the Sales corner two weeks ago. I knew the hour hand was a little offset. Since I somehow lost my internet connection tonight, I thought I should have a look at it.

The hour hand was about 20 minutes off, which is a little too much to see through the fingers. It was not easy to get at the module. You need to remove the resin bracelet attachment. I also removed some shock adsorbing material that keeps the module in place. With two very small screwdrivers, I managed to get at the hour hand (I had set the watch to 21:00, so I had to try to get the hour hand at the 9, which was actually pretty easy. Since it was hard to get at the module, I also placed a new battery.

Here some gut shots:

My first G-Shock with one Jewel!

It's a bit funny to find this direct under the back lid. The back plate is in fact also the battery lock.

I very much like the look of the GS-2000 and MTG-121. Very simple, analog only. Valaker, thanks for the great transaction.

Bram has new shoes, Azrael has a new residence...

Cheers,

Sjors
Congrats of rare analog 'G' :-!

·
7,501 Posts
Sjors, I wish I had the creativity you have man.....great job and excellent purchase :-!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Apparently your elbow is healing as you are taking better pictures and also attacking more complex projects. Congratulations on the new G, and the healing!

·
Registered
810 Posts
nice looking watch, hope the new cell makes it work correct......
Regards steve:-!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sjors, I was just starting to wonder if you received it yet :-!. You are a braver man than I to dive into guts of the watch (and good to see it corrected|>)

Enjoy the "grandfather of MT-G".

·
Registered
119 Posts
hi all!!

very nice model Sjors!! I got mine, a brother of yours, last year in NOS condition ;-)

enjoy it with health!

greetings
toni, comando G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts