WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally picked up my Orion Datum!
The staff at Wempe were all really friendly and helpful and it was a great experience.

I was genuinely worried that when I saw the watch in real life it wouldn't be as good looking in all the amazing pictures on Worn & Wound and from owners here on WUS.
As soon as she opened the box and passed it to me that worry was quickly crushed!
Its amazing what a difference looking at pictures and viewing in real life can make.
The watch is beautiful, the dial really shimmers and comes to life in the light.
The whole watch in general, gold batons, blue hands and silver dial react incredibly in the light.
Even my Fiancee was impressed, she even like it more than the GO Sixties I asked to see!;-)

Anyway you can see I am thrilled, I even got it out to have a better look in the restaurant;

Anyway by the time we got back to the hotel to have a closer look, I noticed a piece of lint on the dial.
This is quite annoying as it's such a clean watch so it becomes fairly noticeable.
You can see it in this picture between 7 and 8;

My question to you is;

Would you return it to get a lint free dial?
Bear in mind that I leave next week so I would not have the Orion for a further 3 months.
Would you leave it and wait until it's first service to remove the lint?
Would you give it to the watchmaker at Wempe to remove the lint?

These are all things that I have read that people do on here.
Let me know your thoughts.
Admittedly I am a little upset as I really don't want to part with it!
It's just too pretty to hand over to someone else!
My Fiancee thinks I should return it for another lint free one.

Sorry I'll write a proper review type thread when I have time but I'm in the middle of wedding planning right now!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im sure Nomos would be horrified this was able to slip through quality control. They will probably appreciate you bringing it back to ensure it doesn't happen in future

Reactions: Branger63

·
Premium Member
20,846 Posts
Bring it back to Wempe, and I'm sure that Nomos will make it right before you leave for home. One week is plenty of time for them to address this issue.

Reactions: Branger63

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
I'd ask for a fresh one. That little bit of fluff will drive you insane in the end!

It's a beautiful watch, though! You picked a great one :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
If it were a black dial, you'd probably not even notice it. But it is not and the dust particle is clearly visible on your picture. I would get it fixed one way or another.

·
Premium Member
38,925 Posts
As everyone has said. Take it straight back asap - hopefully they'll have another one they can exchange it for.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
If it's new I think exchange is ok. I once took a 30x loupe and noticed dust on my lange dial.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congrats on the lovely Nomos. I echo what everyone else is saying - take it back and get it sorted out, otherwise you'd forever get annoyed by the dust.

·
Registered
29,181 Posts
Agree. For a watch of that quality, it should not come with extra "dust"......

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I once had the same issue when I received a watch back from being serviced. The watchmaker was understanding, though, and I sent the watch back to have the dust/lint removed. I'm sure Wempe will take care of you.

That being said, that's by far my favorite Nomos. The gold and blue is just sublime.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys!
Well I'm really loving this watch, definitely staring at it far too often.
Funnily enough the lint has disappeared and I can't find it on the dial!
I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later though.lol
This would explain how I didn't see it at the AD.

I've decided not to take it back despite them accepting me to bring it in.
It doesn't bug me enough to worry about it, at the end of the day it can be removed at service if need be.

I'm gonna try write a review this week but for now, here are a pair of wristshots from my phone;

I know I'm a hairy guy but it's never really affected my watches!
The Orion is so thin compared to my other pieces that it fits under the hair!lol

You can see it's a really good fit on my 7.25" wrist.
I also don't seem to get the gap between the case and strap, that area works very well for me and I really like the lugs.
Particularly the way they hug the wrist.

That's all for now guys!
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful piece. I keep going back to the Nomos Orion as the next watch I need to pick up. How long do they take to receive directly from Nomos?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lovely piece.

i would return it though. You can clearly see in your last picture there's a mark on the dial where the debris was, it almost looks like it was something containing a bit of moisture/grease/dirt as comparing the two pics the debris has gone but it's left a footprint behind in exactly that spot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts