WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as I patiently wait for the Mil Sharky to arrive (Australia seems to be a long way away from Doxa!) I came across this on a couple of forums...and I got it! :-!
Pics are the previous owners (with many thanks to Ben). It comes on the black strap - will look at options for bracelets too - I gather 750 bracelet with 600 end pieces works (saw another thread somewhere).

Attachments

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
I gather 750 bracelet with 600 end pieces works (saw another thread somewhere).
This is true. Also you can use the 750T endlinks. They have to be filed down ever so slightly to fit (21mm endlinks vs 20mm lug width). If you did not feel comfortable doing it, you could get a good watchmaker to do it. I have seen several threads where this is done........:think:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Congrats on the new/old Sharky. Ben is a really nice guy and a pleasure to deal with.

Wear it in good health mate!

Kev.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kev,
Yeah, Ben was a true professional to deal with all down the line. I suspect there's a lot like him on this forum.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
cyclopath, did you receive your vintage sharky yet?? Fresh pics when you get it!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well would you believe? After getting up at 5.30 a.m and working solidly to 9.00 p.m. look what was waiting in the office...THIS! Man, does this watch have some presence? I love it. Excuse my crap pics - very old digital camera. I would buy a better one but for some reason seem to have no money...:-d

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks great Dave..:-!

Now you have to get into Orange and I may spot you walking around some day.b-)

Come to think of it I have been thinking about a 1000T Sharky.:think:

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Well would you believe? After getting up at 5.30 a.m and working solidly to 9.00 p.m. look what was waiting in the office...THIS! Man, does this watch have some presence? I love it. Excuse my crap pics - very old digital camera. I would buy a better one but for some reason seem to have no money...:-d
That looks really great, congratulations! What kind of strap is that? (Hirsch Liberty comes to mind).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks T Bone. It's a Delaurian. It's a serious strap, chunky but super comfy. Jason has been kind enough to hook me up with one of his "spare" 750 bracelets which will be great, but I think the strap will get plenty of wrist time.
BTW the Mil Sharky arrived yesterday - I am out of town so no photos yet, but the vintage Shark is only about 3-5 sec / day behind the newbie.

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Thanks T Bone. It's a Delaurian. It's a serious strap, chunky but super comfy. Jason has been kind enough to hook me up with one of his "spare" 750 bracelets which will be great, but I think the strap will get plenty of wrist time.
BTW the Mil Sharky arrived yesterday - I am out of town so no photos yet, but the vintage Shark is only about 3-5 sec / day behind the newbie.
Ack! Don't tell Shane I mistook one of his works of art for a Hirsch! :-x

Man, I need to get some of his straps! :-!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the brown Delaurian looked great too, but the seller (quite rightly) couldn't give me 2 great straps!! :-d
I'm happy with the black, Shark theme and such, and looking forward to the bracelet too. Interesting with the older watches and some nice aging, brown works where it wouldn't on a newbie.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts