WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I needed;-) an older model Frogman for the collection, so I went out last night and managed to purchase a DW-8200-1A. Very happy with the watch!:-!
Although it feels a bit weird not having the dive sites, Passport No., etc functions of the GW-200's.
The great thing about the watch was the price!|> Managed to get the seller to take off nearly $200 from the selling price, so in the end the total price I paid for it was very good I think. In another shop I checked out nearby, they were selling the exact watch for almost double! So it does pay to shop around!;-)

I know the MB Frogman has just come out and judging from the recent photos posted makes me want to get one:p, but I couldn't resist the calling of the older model Froggy!

(Sorry the pics aren't in proper order!)

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow and then its still new!
Absolutely envy you with your purchase. This is why I started loving G-Shocks,because of the first Frogman!
Have fun with it!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wow! Good buy G-SAR. You can never go wrong with a vintage Frog. Somehow, when I see someone using a 8200 as opposed to a GW-200, I feel more respect for the former, because it makes me think that this guy with an older Frog is somehow more of a G-Shock fan.

You know, I keep using my 9900 Frog more often than my BD or MB, I still like the way it looks with more of the metal bezel showing. See my pic below.

My next grail is any 8200 model since I don't have one, and when my GF gets to Hong Kong next week, I'll make her buy one for me.

Hmmm, yours looks mighty good, think I will show her that picture :-!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frogger: Many thanks!:thanks

GB2G: Many thanks too! Your right, a guy with an older model G-shock appreciates G-Shocks more. Funny you should say that about the GW-200's, as when I was buying my Gulfman(non-atomic) the sales girl had on the same DW-8200 and I was wearing my blue band Triple Crown Frogman and somehow I felt a little "inferior".

Enjoy your 8200 that your gf brings back for you, pls post some pics once you get it.
Also nice clear pic of your 9900, like the colour!:-!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Frogger: Many thanks!:thanks

"the sales girl had on the same DW-8200 and I was wearing my blue band Triple Crown Frogman and somehow I felt a little "inferior".
No kidding? A girl with wearing a man size Frog? Gawk! That is even rarer than finding a Camo Frog in Singapore, and so cool too. Was she a big girl or like most asian girls, a petite little thing? That Frog must have looked HUGE on her wrist, wa ha ha. You should have taken her picture dude, that is so rare. I've neven seen a girl wearing a regular Frogman!!!:-!

·
Registered
261 Posts
What is a triple crown frog? I only know Rolex as such..
Woot? Inferior? With a GW-200? Why?

I do like the old Frogs but its hard to get hold of one, no matter new or NOS.
But I am absolutely happy with my GW and dont see a reason why I would have to feel in any way ashamed.

PS: dont let yourself be fooled its not a GW-206!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
What is a triple crown frog? I only know Rolex as such..
Woot? Inferior? With a GW-200? Why?!
I think G-SAR means that he feels inferior because the girl had a vintage Frogman and his was a newer model. It is sometimes like this. Once, I showed off my new Sub to a friend but then he turned around and showed me his which was the same model but a vintage and cost 5 times more than my new model, so I felt "inferior" because he not only had a more "precious" watch in the eyes of a collector, but also because he was collecting Rolex watches long before I could even afford one, ha ha ha :-!

·
Registered
261 Posts
so I felt "inferior" because he not only had a more "precious" watch in the eyes of a collector, but also because he was collecting Rolex watches long before I could even afford one, ha ha ha :-!

Haha this old man, pity him, while you are still in your youth! :-d

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think G-SAR means that he feels inferior because the girl had a vintage Frogman and his was a newer model. It is sometimes like this. Once, I showed off my new Sub to a friend but then he turned around and showed me his which was the same model but a vintage and cost 5 times more than my new model, so I felt "inferior" because he not only had a more "precious" watch in the eyes of a collector, but also because he was collecting Rolex watches long before I could even afford one, ha ha ha :-!
exactly GB2G!:-!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No kidding? A girl with wearing a man size Frog? Gawk! That is even rarer than finding a Camo Frog in Singapore, and so cool too. Was she a big girl or like most asian girls, a petite little thing? That Frog must have looked HUGE on her wrist, wa ha ha. You should have taken her picture dude, that is so rare. I've neven seen a girl wearing a regular Frogman!!!:-!
Actually I've seen 2 girls wear one. What's the probability of that? They were both petite girls. It does look huge on their wrists so you definitely can't miss it. I think it's especially cool that a girl wears a vintage Froggy on her wrist. I would think they would be G-shock fans...

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
What is a triple crown frog?..
They are talking about a "Triple Crown of Surfing" Frogman. Definately not three crown controls (though I think there is a picture of three crowns) on the watch, just a watch commemorating the event.

Here's a definition from wiki:
"The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing is the world's premier series of professional surfing events, offering three events to men and three events to women. For the men, those events are the Reef Hawaiian Pro at Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park; the O'Neill World Cup of Surfing at Sunset Beach; and the Billabong Pipeline Masters at the Banzai Pipeline. The women's events are the Reef Hawaiian Pro at Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park; the Roxy Pro at Sunset Beach; and the Billabong Pro Maui at Honolua Bay, Maui.

All events, with the exception of the women's Billabong Pro Maui, are staged on the North Shore of Oahu - a coastline world famous in surfing terms for its clockwork winter swells that reach 50 feet in height.

The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing is second only to surfing's world title as it is considered to be the ultimate test of a surfer's ability to master the big waves at three totally unique venues - each with its own set of challenges for the surfer.

In addition to individual event champions, the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing crowns an overall men's and women's champion each year. This goes to the surfer who has performed best across all three competitions, making them the most proficient big-wave rider in the world."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts