WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All You Orienters -

Found this on eBay and decided to purchase it - older model and one I haven't seen here. It's model #CEM60001BK. Check it out:

SANY0123AR.jpg
Note the date at 3 o' with the day at 9 o'.
SANY0113AR.jpg
Trying to add some ambience to make this watch look like it costs lots more than I paid
(< $80).
SANY0114AR.jpg
It's about 35mm (38mm to crown); nice medium weight. Beautifully finished - band is brushed SS with polished accents. Pushbutton deployment closure signed "ORIENT" including lions.
SANY0115AR.jpg
I think the case is a nice shape - somewhat rectangular, somewhat oval?? The polished SS screws at each corner are unusual and rather attractive.
SANY0134AR.jpg
Check out the 2nd crown that controls that internal ring - it functions like a rotating bezel to provide lapsed time. Neither of the crowns are signed - pusher at 2 o' controls day of week.
SANY0139AR.jpg
Did some photos with some different effects - amazing what you can do with Photoshop!

SANY0141AR.jpg
Does anyone else have this model? Need your input - what year did they make this one?

Next, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce my two Orients to each other:
SANY0156AR.jpg

SANY0160AR.jpg

SANY0161AR.jpg

Looks like they're getting along together just fine!!

Thanks for looking.

Enjoy -
CARNICK

"Pardon me - Do you have the time?":-!

·
Registered
118 Posts
OWUSA still has the larger white dial one for sale on their website, but it doesn't look as nice as the black dial. That's a sharp looking watch!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice find! I've never seen this model before, but I really like the dial on it. Really sharp looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts