WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2003 2599.80 last Tuesday (serviced 2 years ago in Bienne) and have worn it 24/7 since. I have run the chrono for 1/2 the time and not for 1/2.

The problem?

6 days has passed and the damned thing has NOT lost even ONE SECOND:think:.......

For years I have started my day with a visit to time.gov to hack my watch for the day.

It has become a reliable part of my daily routine, and one which I sort of looked forward to...

6 days in a row now the little sub second hand has hit top dead center 60 just exactly when the digi hit "00".

I can't even do the math to figure out the 'variance' on this watch...if it is finally off by a second, say a week from now, that would be 2 seconds a month, or 24 seconds a year.

I find myself vaguely missing the physical interaction.

My wife tells me I'm a nut.

I tell her -

"I'll be with you in the fraction 1/31,556,925.9747 of the tropical year for 1900 January 0 at12 hours ephemeris time."

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
My wife tells me I'm a nut.
Your wife is probably right...but that sure sounds like a nice watch you have there. And have no fear--some time (may be soon, may be years away) that thing will be a second or two off from time.gov. I promise!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Ride the wonderful mechancial accuracy wave and take your bride out for dinner with reservations for a specific time at your favorite spot, to the nano-second...;-) then hand her a wonderfully boxed pearl necklace...

Glen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts