WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Ugly duckling?!!! Wutthehell... That's a damn gorgeous piece, Bubba. If you find it ugly, you can always send it to me, so that it can be disposed of properly;-)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say and behold, I find it beautiful.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Well, this watch looks so nice with its patina, besides being an Omega, that I must assume that Bubba was just fishing for compliments, like the gorgeous blonde on the beach teasing the 'papagalli' (olive-oiled womanizers) by saying 'oh, I look so terrible in that undersized bikini' and provoking a storm of protest…

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, this watch looks so nice with its patina, besides being an Omega, that I must assume that Bubba was just fishing for compliments, like the gorgeous blonde on the beach teasing the 'papagalli' (olive-oiled womanizers) by saying 'oh, I look so terrible in that undersized bikini' and provoking a storm of protest…
Strike out! :-d

Anyway the dial was in this condition before cleaning

Clipboard01.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great result with the dial. Could you please share some info on what type of mineral oil? I have a 1930s Tissot with a similar issue. Thanks👍

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great result with the dial. Could you please share some info on what type of mineral oil? I have a 1930s Tissot with a similar issue. Thanks��
I don't know, but I can ask my watchmaker. He is long experienced in recovering these damaged dials and before starting the job he always tries some small tests.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts