WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just unpacked the new SAS. I honestly can't believe that this watch is only 700 Euros. I don't think it will be forever. If you've considered buying one, do it.

The box is top-drawer. Beautiful presentation and it comes packed with two straps (steel bracelet is standard and I chose the rubber instead of the black leather), a strap changing tool that is very well done (for the screw in bars), a massive polishing cloth, warranty card, and accessory bag.

image-1.jpeg

Everything screams quality. Solid notch snaps as you pull out the crown to set the watch and the ETA 2824 movement is just wonderful. The second hand sweeps extremely smooth and the rotating bezel notches perfectly at 12:00. I put the bracelet on to size it and it is absolutely fantastic construction. Screw in pins spin out very smoothly. Again, the quality shines through in the details.

Rubber strap is thick and heavy. Wonderful quality. The dial is much nicer than I thought it would be. Absolutely class. I haven't seen a picture that does it justice.

image-3.jpeg

The ONLY thing that could be improved is the clasp on the bracelet. It is a very solid butterfly release but the top of the clasp is stamped and feels less substantial than this beast deserves. It very nice but I noticed it. The bracelet is so wonderful it deserves a clasp to match. Not a complaint, just an observation.

photo.JPG

The watch is very heavy without the steel bracelet and a monster with it. I enjoy a very heavy watch so it works for me. I'm going to wear the bracelet this week while I await the hides.

image.jpeg

Sorry about the Pics. They're straight from the iPhone. I'll be sure to upload more once I strap some cow on this beast. I ordered the SAS Sahara strap (very light tan) and am searching for some more.
View attachment 1109768
View attachment 1109766

This is the most watch for the money, by far, I have ever owned. 98% as nice as my PAM 196.

Mark

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Enjoy! It's a wonderful watch.

Reactions: mechanical movement

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I really like the looks of this one - it has a clean legible look in a formidable design. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
In my opinion the SAS Classic rugged design looks great on a nato strap, either nylon or leather. Have you consider this option yet? Also I think I'm right in saying this Classic II no longer uses C3 superluminova switching to the white/blue BGW9, how strong are the lumes on this and are they long lasting?

P.S.
Beautiful watch, I have considered get one on a few occasions with the only thing stopping me is it's weight which you have actually commented on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right about the lume switch. Haven't fully charged it yet but the lume shows up even from an ambient light charge in dim light. I have a couple of straps on the way. Ill post pics when I get them and a pic of a good lume charge in the dark. All my current NATO's are 22mm. The SAS is 24mm.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I got mine a coupe of weeks ago and love it. Looks great on the metal, rubber, or leather. It is a lot of watch for the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've seen pictures of a SAS on canvas (Drew Canvas or Strapcode Militat), that looks awesome:

I have a canvas strap incomiung for my Classic I from Rockin'Ron, I think it will look killer!

Eric

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm somewhat new to the forums. These Drew Canvas straps look AMAZING. Is it a forum member that makes these?? I'd love to put one on the SAS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts