WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! I will soon be a proud owner of my first Stowa! It will be the Ikarus with blued hands and onion crown. I feel it will have a nice balance of classic and modern.

Anyway, I believe it is not expected to ship until April or May, possibly the latter since my wife included a personalized rotor. I know there must be others anxiously awaiting the arrival of a Stowa. How are you all coping? It is constantly consuming my mind and I find myself looking at pictures on Google Images just to satisfy my craving (for lack of a better word).

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Hey :)

I had this when I ordered my 1938 no date Chronograph.

I recently ordered a B Dial Flieger with an upgraded movement.

Did I do what you are doing when I ordered my Chrono ?

Yep.

It began to lessen a little bit a month after ordering. Then it became completely unbearable after I got 'the email' and had paid and was waiting for delivery.

Has the same thing happened as I wait for my Flieger ?

YES !

Its even worse because now I look at the A dial and the B dial and wonder if I ordered the right one (the chrono I knew I wanted the no date).

Anyway, I would like to say 'enjoy the wait' but that is basically impossible :D

However, if your experience is anything like mine, the wait...well...it WILL be worth it :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just ordered a Flieger B too. And I too have been suffering from anxiety. I remember the week after ordering I would check the Stowa website periodically throughout the day just to confirm how beautiful the watch I ordered was :p

It gets better after a while. Also receiving my Magrette helped.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm waiting too (flieger ohne logo), it's not unbearable (yet). The nice thing about it is that you think about if you ordered the right thing (Did I select the correct strap? Should I stay with this dial? Should I've gone for the chronograph quality movement? Will the lume be white enough in daylight?) and fire questions at Stowa (Will it come with the silver rotor when I order the chronograph quality movement? Can you supply an 'alten stil' strap without the 'nieten'?)... I hope, eventually they will get tired from the questions and quickly send the watch ;-)Does anybody know the reason for the long wait? Are they working with batches or is it a matter of marketing? I have to say that the long wait makes the watch more special...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just received my Archimede, and it is certainly occupying my attention now! Definitely easing the anxiety from waiting for the Ikarus.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's certainly true about asking several questions post-purchase. In fact, I originally planned on keeping it stock, but then I began to question, resulting in my ultimate decision to have the hands and crown switched. I now realize that one advantage of the wait is that it gives time to modify your decision after gaining more clarity. I also think the wait will make my heart grow fonder, adding to the allure and appreciation for the piece (as if it's not enough being a gift from my wife)!

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
I too am waiting on an Ikarus with top grade and croco strap. Kept the stock crown and black hands as I thought the Stowa team nailed it the first time ;). I have seen the blued hands and onion crown modified versions and they of course look great. I just like the cleaner, sleeker look of the stock Ikarus.

My delivery is end of this month (hopefully!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My estimated ready-date was end of February, so I'm mashing the refresh button on my inbox. Feb was a short month so they mean today or tomorrow, I'm sure. RIGHT?

How long does it usually take from the cash request to delivery?

·
Moderator Emeritus
56,358 Posts
My estimated ready-date was end of February, so I'm mashing the refresh button on my inbox. Feb was a short month so they mean today or tomorrow, I'm sure. RIGHT?

FAQ:
Please note that payment is due only shortly before the shipment, not at the date of order placement.
Kindly note that we will contact you regarding payment some days before delivery.

My experience: 5-10 days

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered a MO (brilliant finish -mesh strap) Due for delivery in May. Cannot wait. Love those blued hands!

Hello, everyone! I will soon be a proud owner of my first Stowa! It will be the Ikarus with blued hands and onion crown. I feel it will have a nice balance of classic and modern.

Anyway, I believe it is not expected to ship until April or May, possibly the latter since my wife included a personalized rotor. I know there must be others anxiously awaiting the arrival of a Stowa. How are you all coping? It is constantly consuming my mind and I find myself looking at pictures on Google Images just to satisfy my craving (for lack of a better word).

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Ordered a MO (brilliant finish -mesh strap) Due for delivery in May. Cannot wait. Love those blued hands!
But you will have to. :-d

Its part of the sweet torture experience with Stowa watches - you don't need to be a masochist................but it would help, :)

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
152 Posts
My experience: approximately six weeks; can't say for sure because it hasn't shipped yet. This thing will need to look like a Faberge egg if my six month wait is going to be worth it. I'm skeptical. If I had known it was going to take this long, I would have ordered a Dornblueth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts