WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not my first MO. but it is the first that I've ordered directly from Jorg and company.

What a wait! But definitely worth it in all respects.

The MO is an iconic watch for Stowa. It is beautiful, purposeful, and an absolute classic, regardless of the price, and the movement is perfect for this watch.

Thank you Jorg and Regine for keeping me up to date on the watch and Viveca too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice choice - I love mine. Can't imagine a day at work without it on my wrist.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Congratulations Fachiro1!

I was rootin' for ya! She's a beauty!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been enjoying this one for a few days now. The watch is as ever beautiful and a joy to wear as I remember it. The only criticism, if you can even call it that; I think the oem strap that came withthe watch is much too thin and something else is better suited for it. So......................I'm having a custom strap made for it. I'll post pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
317 Posts
When I bought my MO I purchased the standard brown strap and the optional black Chronosoft strap. The standard brown strap is thin and does not feel up to the quality of the watch and as such never got worn. The Chronosoft strap was very comfortable and was a big improvement at a fair price. It is well matched to the MO in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Nice watch. Quick question, what is your wrist size and how does it feel after a day of wear?
If it wears anything like my Marine 36 you almost forget it’s there it’s so comfortable. The lugs are shaped very well. (Slightly different watch and smaller size bust cause design is same I believe) By far my most comfortable watch. And that’s on a 160mm wrist. I know it’s not the same watch/wrist but it’s a old thread so I figured I’d give you some input so you can get a idea of what it’s like.

Reactions: mt4sure

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it wears anything like my Marine 36 you almost forget it’s there it’s so comfortable. The lugs are shaped very well. (Slightly different watch and smaller size bust cause design is same I believe) By far my most comfortable watch. And that’s on a 160mm wrist. I know it’s not the same watch/wrist but it’s a old thread so I figured I’d give you some input so you can get a idea of what it’s like.
Thank you for the reply. I have a steinhart ocean one vintage and the straight lugs (looks and feels bigger than it should) makes the watch wear bigger and the 44mm case from this one just seems like it would wear even larger. I couldn't find a picture of the sides of the case to compare with my watch to confirm so that's why I was curious. Thank you again for your reply!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I have a steinhart ocean one vintage and the straight lugs (looks and feels bigger than it should) makes the watch wear bigger and the 44mm case from this one just seems like it would wear even larger. I couldn't find a picture of the sides of the case to compare with my watch to confirm so that's why I was curious. Thank you again for your reply!
If you would like, although mine is a slightly diffrent watch I can send you a side view of mine and how it sits on the wrist from the side. Again it’s a different watch, but it may be able to at least give you a good idea of what the Marine Original is like. (I think the cases are very similar just that ones bigger)

·
Registered
15 Posts
10 year old thread, bro.
Yeah I might have been off my rocker as I only looked at the month and day. But I feel quite humbled by the fact that there are still people around to reply back to me. Love all the great guys in the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you would like, although mine is a slightly diffrent watch I can send you a side view of mine and how it sits on the wrist from the side. Again it’s a different watch, but it may be able to at least give you a good idea of what the Marine Original is like. (I think the cases are very similar just that ones bigger)
Stowie, that would be great if you could give a shot of the side of your watch case. Also if it is not too much to ask if you could do a shot of it as it sits on your wrist to have an idea how high it sits. Thank you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts