WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just won the bid on the ebay for this beautiful Seamaster 120m Multifunction (I think that's what it is called, please correct me if I am wrong). Here are some pictures from the seller. Cannot wait to get my hands on it, as it seems rather rare. I was going to ask where to find an instruction manual but found this web site (I hope I am allowed to post the link) that has quite a few instruction manuals for old Omegas: http://www.old-omegas.com/).

The seller said that there is no serial number on the case because the case is a new replacement. That does not bother me (or should I be bothered?)

I am a happy man today.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Congrats! There are a few of those around here, and they seem to be very interesting watches. I'd never seen the caseback on one, though, and wasn't aware of the screw-on design.

Let us know when it arrives!

eric

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! There are a few of those around here, and they seem to be very interesting watches. I'd never seen the caseback on one, though, and wasn't aware of the screw-on design.

Let us know when it arrives!

eric
Yes, I thought the caseback was interesting too when I first looked at it. No more case back that is not correctly aligned top and bottom!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Congratulations on your very versatile timepiece.

Here's one I would like to have back:

Fr. John+

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got it before last weekend but didn't have any time to take picture. In fact pictures were very hard to take because of the chro ring. Here you are, the beautiful, versatile, functional watch for office work :

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Just won the bid on the ebay for this beautiful Seamaster 120m Multifunction (I think that's what it is called, please correct me if I am wrong). Here are some pictures from the seller. Cannot wait to get my hands on it, as it seems rather rare. I was going to ask where to find an instruction manual but found this web site (I hope I am allowed to post the link) that has quite a few instruction manuals for old Omegas: http://www.old-omegas.com/).

The seller said that there is no serial number on the case because the case is a new replacement. That does not bother me (or should I be bothered?)

I am a happy man today.
the case on this is unusual, as the part around the glass is usually brushed radially not polished.

the functionality of the movement is usually identical to a breitling aerospace. if i recall correctly, this one supports the Ad and SP sub-functions on the CHR, which is also unusual and probably a very later version.

being a late version is something possibly also indicated by the professional bracelet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The seller did say that there is no more serial number on the case because the case is a replacement. Now that I have it, I can confirm that both the case and the bracelet are probably brand new.

As for the function, sorry I don't quite understand. What are the Ad and SP sub-function please?

the case on this is unusual, as the part around the glass is usually brushed radially not polished.

the functionality of the movement is usually identical to a breitling aerospace. if i recall correctly, this one supports the Ad and SP sub-functions on the CHR, which is also unusual and probably a very later version.

being a late version is something possibly also indicated by the professional bracelet.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
I never noticed that the back was held on by screws - that is just so cool.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
The seller did say that there is no more serial number on the case because the case is a replacement. Now that I have it, I can confirm that both the case and the bracelet are probably brand new.

As for the function, sorry I don't quite understand. What are the Ad and SP sub-function please?
i saw one of these on eBay (and i think it was this one) with a later movement. if it is then if you select CHR you will have a choice of Ad (add) or SP (split) indicated in the lower LCD window (Ad 00 00 or SP 00 00). this allows you to either stop/start the chronograph or use it for lap times, much as would be found on any decent digital chronograph but using a crown as a pusher instead of two separate pushers.

by the way, this is my second favourite watch after my breitling B-1.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the clarification. I am afraid my stop watch (CHR) does not have the functions you have described. It just does the normal thing and without the sub-function indication...

i saw one of these on eBay (and i think it was this one) with a later movement. if it is then if you select CHR you will have a choice of Ad (add) or SP (split) indicated in the lower LCD window (Ad 00 00 or SP 00 00). this allows you to either stop/start the chronograph or use it for lap times, much as would be found on any decent digital chronograph but using a crown as a pusher instead of two separate pushers.

by the way, this is my second favourite watch after my breitling B-1.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I am afraid my stop watch (CHR) does not have the functions you have described. It just does the normal thing and without the sub-function indication...
fair enough. i have seen some that do. it's a fairly minor refinement that i probably wouldn't use anyway. i've got it on a tissot titanium 7 and a breitling aerospace with a replacement movement.

a quick bit of reseach later and i've found it's the 1665B movement that has this feature. your watch has the 1665 movement, as does mine.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, anyone know the reference of the bracelet? Might pick one up and I was looking on the Ofrei site to make sure there were extra links if need be, seems it could be 1501/1502 or 1531 ? Thanks !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts