WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a grail that I had been scouring the planet for... the elusive Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5. It took forever. There aren’t many of these floating around and given it’s discontinued, that’s not likely to change.

The dial on this thing is mesmerizing. It transitions between a deep blue and a blue-black depending on the light. The framed coffin window sets the dial off nicely, much better IMO than the later, frameless versions. Of course the fit and finished is impeccable as you would expect from Omega.The size is perfect for my 7.25 in wrist and the weight hits a sweet spot for me - enough weight to have presence but not too heavy to get in the way. The fully brushed bracelet fits my casual style but can easily be dressed up. It’s a true GADA watch.

The 8500 movement is gorgeous and I expect that it will keep near-perfect time.

I’ve had a Datejust before but it was a 36mm so it is hard to compare. I looked at 41mm DJs while I was shopping for this, but I think the price-to-value ratio on the Omega is a bit better than the Rolex. I’m not saying the DJ is not exceptional, just that in a bang-for-the buck competition the Omega wins in my opinion.

Anyway... I was so excited to get this that I had to share.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Great piece!!

Reactions: JLittle and A4A

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Awesome pickup! Love the date frame on these. The most beautiful AT dial IMO. And definitely more bang-per-buck than a DJ. Congrats, it looks terrific on your wrist!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I finally found a grail that I had been scouring the planet for... the elusive Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5. It took forever. There aren’t many of these floating around and given it’s discontinued, that’s not likely to change.

The dial on this thing is mesmerizing. It transitions between a deep blue and a blue-black depending on the light. The framed coffin window sets the dial off nicely, much better IMO than the later, frameless versions. Of course the fit and finished is impeccable as you would expect from Omega.The size is perfect for my 7.25 in wrist and the weight hits a sweet spot for me - enough weight to have presence but not too heavy to get in the way. The fully brushed bracelet fits my casual style but can easily be dressed up. It’s a true GADA watch.

The 8500 movement is gorgeous and I expect that it will keep near-perfect time.

I’ve had a Datejust before but it was a 36mm so it is hard to compare. I looked at 41mm DJs while I was shopping for this, but I think the price-to-value ratio on the Omega is a bit better than the Rolex. I’m not saying the DJ is not exceptional, just that in a bang-for-the buck competition the Omega wins in my opinion.

Anyway... I was so excited to get this that I had to share.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frakin gorgeous!

I learned something too, cause I thought Bond wore the 39mm blue AT in Skyfall.

Reactions: Pete26 and A4A

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frakin gorgeous!

I learned something too, cause I could have sworn Bond wore the 39mm blue AT in Skyfall.
There are two AT Skyfalls... 38.5 and 41.5. Exactly the same other than the diameter. Bond wore the 38.5 in the movie. The 41.5 fits my wrist a bit better.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
There are two AT Skyfalls... 38.5 and 41.5. Exactly the same other than the diameter. Bond wore the 38.5 in the movie. The 41.5 fits my wrist a bit better.
This is why I love this place. Thanks for the info and enjoy that glorious blue AT.

Reactions: A4A

·
Registered
593 Posts
Awesome! I have always said that no-one does blue dials like Omega, and your AT just adds meat to that statement.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's lovely. Much as I'm not a rolex fan I do think the OP/DJ will probably age better in terms of style than the modern AT's, even though I like them a great deal here and now.

Reactions: A4A
1 - 20 of 80 Posts