WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
I finally found a grail that I had been scouring the planet for... the elusive Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5. It took forever. There aren’t many of these floating around and given it’s discontinued, that’s not likely to change.

The 8500 movement is gorgeous and I expect that it will keep near-perfect time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your hunt for an original AT Skyfall with the framed date window was very worthwhile. It is the best balanced AT dial in a lot of people’s opinion. Mine included. Certainly the best Bond Omega and among the best of the entire Bond franchise. I’ve had the pleasure of owning one for many years. It is indeed accurate, my 2013 AT runs between 0.0 to +2, near perfect accuracy after 8 years without a service. The case shows very little sign of wear even though I wear it a lot. About the only downsides are that it isn’t a quickset date and the bracelet shows more micro scratches, they don’t bother me but I suspect the steel used for the case is harder than that used for the bracelet. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally found a grail that I had been scouring the planet for... the elusive Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5. It took forever. There aren’t many of these floating around and given it’s discontinued, that’s not likely to change.

The dial on this thing is mesmerizing. It transitions between a deep blue and a blue-black depending on the light. The framed coffin window sets the dial off nicely, much better IMO than the later, frameless versions. Of course the fit and finished is impeccable as you would expect from Omega.The size is perfect for my 7.25 in wrist and the weight hits a sweet spot for me - enough weight to have presence but not too heavy to get in the way. The fully brushed bracelet fits my casual style but can easily be dressed up. It’s a true GADA watch.

The 8500 movement is gorgeous and I expect that it will keep near-perfect time.

I’ve had a Datejust before but it was a 36mm so it is hard to compare. I looked at 41mm DJs while I was shopping for this, but I think the price-to-value ratio on the Omega is a bit better than the Rolex. I’m not saying the DJ is not exceptional, just that in a bang-for-the buck competition the Omega wins in my opinion.

Anyway... I was so excited to get this that I had to share.

Carry on.

Very nice. Congratulations.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Beautiful watch, an AT is definetly the next watch to get on my list.

Reactions: A4A and JLittle

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Congrats! I have an 8900 Aqua Terra and really like it. I’m sure you have loads of fun with yours...enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Congrats! I have an 8900 Aqua Terra and really like it. I’m sure you have loads of fun with yours...enjoy!!!
Going to get a green one soooooooon :D

Reactions: A4A

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great pickup ! I have the exact same version in 38.5 (6.75" wrists) and I love it. It was such an unexpected buy for me, since I was only partially seriously looking for it and happened to be online when one came up for sale. After getting it though, I knew I can't let it go. The blue dial is unique and it truly is a very versatile watch :) Also Skyfall is my favorite Bond movie, so that helps haha ! Congratulations on getting it and wear it in good health! :D

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
The more I come back to look at this beautiful blue AT, the more I wonder if I'll actually get the new green one instead of this one.

DARN IT!!!! I had a plan, man!;)

Reactions: A4A and RedVee

·
Registered
354 Posts
When my numbers come up lol

Reactions: A4A and JLittle

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Welcome the the club look into the Hirsh performance straps as option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The more I come back to look at this beautiful blue AT, the more I wonder if I'll actually get the new green one instead of this one.

DARN IT!!!! I had a plan, man!;)
Get both!

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Great pick up, congratulations! The AT is a seriously underrated model. To me, it's the best of both worlds. Sporty & a bit 'dressy', too.
Mine say's hi. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Congratulations! I'm glad you found it. I'm guessing there aren't too many around, given the short time frame of production.

I have a few good watches, and I wear my blue Aqua Terra the most. Mine was a gift from my wife on a milestone birthday six years ago.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts