WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
That blue must be seen in person to really appreciate. Congratulations on your find.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lovely. I had the chance to get one a while ago but it was a bit too marked for my liking.
I ended up getting the revised one without the date window but I got the brushed bracelet as I think it looks better than the polished centre links.
The blue on this dial is stunning and changes quite a lot depending on the light source.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
26,332 Posts
Beautiful watch congratulations.

Just love that blue dial.

Reactions: A4A

·
Registered
88 Posts
Although I've already weighed in on this thread, 2 additional thoughts come to mind:

1. It's hard to understand why Omega decided to phase out this execution of blue. I've inspected countless blue dial watches in the past decade and consider the Skyfall AT blue most visually striking available on any watch, at any price tier. None of the AT's currently being offered come close. Obviously this is a subjective call, but I would surmise many would agree.

2. Thank goodness Skyfall was actually a good Bond flim. Would have hated for this watch to be associated with one of the crappier Bond films that released in the past decade or so.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Although I've already weighed in on this thread, 2 additional thoughts come to mind:

1. It's hard to understand why Omega decided to phase out this execution of blue. I've inspected countless blue dial watches in the past decade and consider the Skyfall AT blue most visually striking available on any watch, at any price tier. None of the AT's currently being offered come close. Obviously this is a subjective call, but I would surmise many would agree.

2. Thank goodness Skyfall was actually a good Bond flim. Would have hated for this watch to be associated with one of the crappier Bond films that released in the past decade or so.
Well, half were great and half were horrible. Craig is still the best Bond.

Reactions: A4A and Stark1

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)

I totally agree about the execution of this watch, particularly the dial. Why they strayed from this version of blue and the date window are beyond me. I had a different blue AT in the past and it didn’t resonate with me at all. This one is a completely different watch IMO. The blue, the framed date window, the “correct” direction of the teak, the brushed bracelet. I can’t understand why Omega wouldn’t continue with a winner. This is a watch they could have produced in lower quantities to keep demand up, varied and refined with their excellent movements and created an ongoing legend rather than a one hit wonder. This is what Rolex does. Look at the evolution of the Sub or DJ.

The one thing it does for me is insure I’ll never sell because I’m unlikely to find another one anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
All the skyfalls in this thread are making me green with envy!

To the OP - congrats on the pickup, its beautiful!

Thanks to all that have posted theirs as well, definitely the best AT IMO

·
Registered
176 Posts
Love that date window and fully brushed bracelet.
I have the Spectre AT but prefer the date window on this one. That said I greatly prefer the polished center links on mine. To me they dress the watch up better when wearing a suit.

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I have the Spectre AT but prefer the date window on this one. That said I greatly prefer the polished center links on mine. To me they dress the watch up better when wearing a suit.
Bracelets either make or break a watch for me. And it’s a totally personal choice, just like the watch itself.

I tend to go for all brushed it all polished. The brushed/polished combo doesn’t do it for me. Kind of like a split personality. I think either are very versatile and can be easily dressed up or down.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I finally found a grail that I had been scouring the planet for... the elusive Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5. It took forever. There aren’t many of these floating around and given it’s discontinued, that’s not likely to change.

The dial on this thing is mesmerizing. It transitions between a deep blue and a blue-black depending on the light. The framed coffin window sets the dial off nicely, much better IMO than the later, frameless versions. Of course the fit and finished is impeccable as you would expect from Omega.The size is perfect for my 7.25 in wrist and the weight hits a sweet spot for me - enough weight to have presence but not too heavy to get in the way. The fully brushed bracelet fits my casual style but can easily be dressed up. It’s a true GADA watch.

The 8500 movement is gorgeous and I expect that it will keep near-perfect time.

I’ve had a Datejust before but it was a 36mm so it is hard to compare. I looked at 41mm DJs while I was shopping for this, but I think the price-to-value ratio on the Omega is a bit better than the Rolex. I’m not saying the DJ is not exceptional, just that in a bang-for-the buck competition the Omega wins in my opinion.

Anyway... I was so excited to get this that I had to share.

Carry on.

One of the best blue dials of all time, congrats!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love that blue dial! Gorgeous!!!

I love my AT as well. Perfect mix of sport and grace in one watch.

Mine says hi

·
Registered
23 Posts
I finally found a grail that I had been scouring the planet for... the elusive Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5. It took forever. There aren’t many of these floating around and given it’s discontinued, that’s not likely to change.

The dial on this thing is mesmerizing. It transitions between a deep blue and a blue-black depending on the light. The framed coffin window sets the dial off nicely, much better IMO than the later, frameless versions. Of course the fit and finished is impeccable as you would expect from Omega.The size is perfect for my 7.25 in wrist and the weight hits a sweet spot for me - enough weight to have presence but not too heavy to get in the way. The fully brushed bracelet fits my casual style but can easily be dressed up. It’s a true GADA watch.

The 8500 movement is gorgeous and I expect that it will keep near-perfect time.

I’ve had a Datejust before but it was a 36mm so it is hard to compare. I looked at 41mm DJs while I was shopping for this, but I think the price-to-value ratio on the Omega is a bit better than the Rolex. I’m not saying the DJ is not exceptional, just that in a bang-for-the buck competition the Omega wins in my opinion.

Anyway... I was so excited to get this that I had to share.

Carry on.

Very nice!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well done! Now you need some straps to change things once in a while

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I joined the Bond AT club just this week too. I'd been lusting after the aqua terra line for a while. I knew of this one and Topper posted this one earlier this week. I couldn't resist! The dial is ungodly gorgeous. Previous pictures I'd seen do not do it justice. Omega makes a great product!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts