WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been asked a few times for pics & thoughts on my new Titanium Prodiver so I’ll park this here.

I’ve wanted this ever since I saw BradHomes’, PeterAtwood’s and a couple more on the STOWA forum years ago. I wanted a different STOWA more so purchased that instead (Flieger GMT), but have spent the ensuing years trying to rationalize owning 2 STOWAS.

The color is what wouldn’t let go of me. I was worried about the “blocky” case, even though I think it’s a striking design. In person, it’s still blocky but the design seems very cohesive. The height & profile are very wearable and the weight is pleasingly (to me) lighter than its stainless counterpart.

The Ti finish is matte (bead blasted) and appears darker Gray than other metals, but just like anyone who’s familiar with Ti would expect it to.

I was very interested in trying the Ti bracelet. It’s very comfortable and an excellent design match to the watch.
The first owner wore it on the bracelet, second owner exclusively on a tropic. I wore it on the Tropic (Gruppo Garma) for a few days, which is nice & perfectly fine, but wanted to get to the bracelet.

The bracelet seems in good shape, and not showing too much wear. As a seasoned STOWA screw tube user with the correct tools, changing from tropic to bracelet took 30 mins and an additional 15 mins to size the bracelet. A single, small screwdriver is needed to size the bracelet, using removable screw-pins that hold the first 4-5 bracelet links together on each side of the clasp.

The bracelet’s OEM deployant clasp has “loosened” a bit & isn’t extremely confidence inspiring. I will investigate a new clasp. The main clasp doesn’t snap closed reassuringly & feels like it wouldn’t take much to snap it open if the smaller clasp weren’t holding it closed.
The STOWA deployant clasp that comes with STOWAS rubber straps is much more solid than the one on the bracelet, although I think it’s SS instead of Ti so might not match as well.

I’m the third owner, both previous owners are members here. Watch is Ti, original purchase in 2018. It’s keeping very consistent time over my 10 days of ownership: +4.5spd.

My wrist is 7.0 inches (17.75cm), and seemingly flat.

I’m enjoying the watch quite a bit so far!

I’ll post pictures in subsequent posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Tudor black bay chrono; Sinn 757
48 Posts
Love it. Have also always had a thing for the prodiver. Love the angles and relatively modern feel. Limette and titanium looks fantastic together. Not for everyone surely but it’s very clean looking to my eye. Congrats and thanks for sharing. Super, super cool watch that doesn’t get enough love. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Great photos and thanks for sharing. That is a really cool diver. Congrats!

Reactions: Tommywine0

·
Premium Member
7,965 Posts
Thanks for mini review and great close-up pics
looks great
Been on the hook for this exact watch
seems madness having a lime green watch on a 55year old plain guy but I cant seem to stop thinking about it
cheers

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another comment on the bracelet/clasp to refine my previous post-
When fully closed, the watch feels solidly attached to my wrist. I don’t walk around thinking, “OMG, this thing could fall off at any second. I better not do anything but sit in an office chair!”

Its just that neither clasp closure on this bracelet has as a reassuring “snap” close that inspires the confidence that it will stay closed as my other bracelets & deployants (including others from STOWA of a diff design). Maybe this was great when new but has loosened/worn with use.

It hasn’t fallen off, or opened unexpectedly.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for mini review and great close-up pics
looks great
Been on the hook for this exact watch
seems madness having a lime green watch on a 55year old plain guy but I cant seem to stop thinking about it
cheers
I know! It’s the color that got it’s hooks into me too! If I recall, it might match a bike of yours!

I need some visual interest in my watches beyond the normal watch form, so enjoy a splash of color. This might be a bit more than just a splash, tho!
Ive been wanting a mechanical dive watch that could travel on vacations or handle the beach & water during the summer. This is the one I kept coming back to.

·
Premium Member
7,965 Posts
I know! It’s the color that got it’s hooks into me too! If I recall, it might match a bike of yours!

I need some visual interest in my watches beyond the normal watch form, so enjoy a splash of color. This might be a bit more than just a splash, tho!
Ive been wanting a mechanical dive watch that could travel on vacations or handle the beach & water during the summer. This is the one I kept coming back to.
EXACTLY - its the colour of my mid-life crisis
but its such a joyful, hopeful colour - im on the hook - the wife has the deciding vote - 32nd wedding anniversary in 2 weeks
IMG_3037.jpeg

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Congrats on being the third owner of this Limette Prodiver and thanks for your informative initial impressions and pics. The lime colour does have a refreshing look to it. Enjoy your new Stowa.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is one of my favourite watches, and it also has the Titanium bracelet. I use this for actual diving and have lots of good memories with it, so don’t worry at all about the clasp because this has never once let me down.

This is an old photo i‘ve posted before, by the way... but i feel inspired to wear it again tomorrow now :)

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This is one of my favourite watches, and it also has the Titanium bracelet. I use this for actual diving and have lots of good memories with it, so don’t worry at all about the clasp because this has never once let me down.

This is an old photo i‘ve posted before, by the way... but i feel inspired to wear it again tomorrow now :)
Good to hear on the bracelet!
Awesome pic!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
My steel example hasn't been getting enough love lately which is the downside of having a big collection. But I currently am enjoying it on tan waxy leather strap. It also wears great on mesh. I wish I could do the bracelet but the lug length is just too long when combined with the bracelet endpiece design. Really wish they would do a new diver with this iconic color in an all new more wrist friendly case.

Enjoy your new beauty! The titanium cases are so much lighter and easier to wear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts