WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived to me yesterday from a great seller here. Damn, do I love this watch! I can't stop looking at it! 40mm is a perfect size (IMHO) for my small wrist.

Not a great picture but....I'll post better pictures when I can get it off my wrist! Might be a while....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks great. This is still one model I'd like to see in person. I've often wondered how it would look on a nice aftermarket mesh bracelet. It might look awful, but it's something I've asked myself a few times now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just arrived to me yesterday from a great seller here. Damn, do I love this watch! I can't stop looking at it! 40mm is a perfect size (IMHO) for my small wrist.

Not a great picture but....I'll post better pictures when I can get it off my wrist! Might be a while....
More pics please!
Love this one.
Enjoy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the Chronoris. Congrats on it. The Chronoris is one of the few non diver Oris watches that made my wallet flinch.
Sticky, did it just "flinch" or summit completely?

Some shots from the seller. Hope he doesn't mind.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Looks great. This is still one model I'd like to see in person. I've often wondered how it would look on a nice aftermarket mesh bracelet. It might look awful, but it's something I've asked myself a few times now.
I just ordered a Milanese Mesh for my Hamilton Intra-matic, which coincidentally has the same lug width as my Chronoris Grand Prix '70 LE. I'll try it on the Chronoris and post a pic when it comes in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just ordered a Milanese Mesh for my Hamilton Intra-matic, which coincidentally has the same lug width as my Chronoris Grand Prix '70 LE. I'll try it on the Chronoris and post a pic when it comes in.
That would be great. I've seen a few photos of the Hamilton Pan Europe LE on mesh and thought it looked good but didn't have the chance to do it myself before trading that model. I like the LE chronoris as well and look forward to any photos.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
That would be great. I've seen a few photos of the Hamilton Pan Europe LE on mesh and thought it looked good
Like this one of mine? ;-) In the last year I've turned into a 'mesh monster'. They seem to be the perfect accessory for a vintage style watch, which is why I just ordered another one to fit my Intra-matic (which I will test on my Chronoris LE).

Nakiska1_cs.jpg

Here's the look I'm going for with my Intra-matic.

Intramatic on mesh_cs.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I look forward to seeing the picture also. I'm not a big mesh fan but maybe you can convert me. How do you like your Chronoris LE?

Your picture with the mesh bracelet on the Hamilton with the mountains in the background is breath taking! The mesh does look real good with that watch.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
How do you like your Chronoris LE?
It's a gorgeous watch that truly harkens back to the glory days of F1 racing, a la Ron Howard's new racing movie, RUSH. Unfortunately, the drawback of having a collection that's too large means it gets very little time on my wrist. I'm currently making a list of watches I'm going to sell off so I can consolidate down to about 10 that get the most wrist time, or that I have the greatest use for, and my Chronoris LE will probably be on the sell list along with my Oris Aquis Maldives LE (which I've only worn twice).... arrrghhhh, I wish I had more arms so I could give my watches the wrist time they deserve.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a gorgeous watch that truly harkens back to the glory days of F1 racing, a la Ron Howard's new racing movie, RUSH. Unfortunately, the drawback of having a collection that's too large means it gets very little time on my wrist. I'm currently making a list of watches I'm going to sell off so I can consolidate down to about 10 that get the most wrist time, or that I have the greatest use for, and my Chronoris LE will probably be on the sell list along with my Oris Aquis Maldives LE (which I've only worn twice).... arrrghhhh, I wish I had more arms so I could give my watches the wrist time they deserve.
We need to start a movement where wearing multiple watches on your wrist or wrists, at one time is chic and popular. Like some did (not me!) in the 80's with the Swatch watches!

·
Registered
38,557 Posts
It looks dumb, had a couple that were customers of mine, he wore 2 on one and 1 on the other. She
wore 1 on each, one was a WG Radiomir.
We need to start a movement where wearing multiple watches on your wrist or wrists, at one time is chic and popular. Like some did (not me!) in the 80's with the Swatch watches!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Like this one of mine? ;-) In the last year I've turned into a 'mesh monster'. They seem to be the perfect accessory for a vintage style watch, which is why I just ordered another one to fit my Intra-matic (which I will test on my Chronoris LE).
I don't blame you. I'm a fan of mesh myself and was wearing it on my Longines Legend Diver for a while before switching to a nato to change things up. I may have seen that photo at some point, but had another forum member email his photos. I really liked that watch, but after a few months found it too big and decided to trade it before I had a chance to buy the mesh. Seeing it again certainly has me reconsidering. That Intra-matic is also very nice. What is the case size? For some reason I thought they were sold on the mesh.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
That Intra-matic is also very nice. What is the case size? For some reason I thought they were sold on the mesh.
The Intra-matic I have is 38mm and came on a thin, non-stitched, black leather strap. They are also available in 42mm (which wears far too large for this style of watch) and can be had with a stainless bracelet (but not a mesh). It's a very classy, retro piece in the smaller size and on leather. I think adding the mesh will make it feel a little more substantial on the wrist while maintaining the period look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts