WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the last year I have been contemplating selling/trading a very special watch, my superocean heritage. It was my first real watch and throughout buying other watches it always stuck with me. I babied it and cared for it. However, I started to feel like it was, like I was, oversized. I decided it was time to find something that fit under my shirt sleeve. I looked at Rolex, some smaller Breitlings and TAGs but nothing did it for me. Then a couple of weeks ago I was in the Omega Boutique and I tried on the "Moon Watch." To be honest, I wasn't even in the mall to look at watches but why waste a mall trip without at least window shopping the ADs and Boutiques. The Moon Watch caught my eye in the window so I walked in and tried it on. I didn't think I was going to enjoy the watch but when I put it on, it spoke to me. I knew I wanted a Moon Watch.

As I did some research, I came across a listing from a guy in the area for a Hesalite/Sapphire Sandwich. So we met up and the rest is history. This a great forum and I have enjoyed reading up on the various speedy combinations. Here are some (fuzzy iPhone) shots:

The first wrist shot
photo3.jpg
I love this thing
IMG_1254.jpg
My wife and I were at an event at the Capitol the other night. I spotted this statue.
photo2-1.jpg
Looks like an Omega to me.
photo1-1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great watch, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I have the standard caseback. Does anyone know if the sapphire caseback weighs more or less or if the difference is noticeable?

I like the Swigert statue, too. - MK

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I am going to sell the 1171/1 that came with it as I don't believe it was the original bracelet sold with the watch. I think I am going to do something drastic and get the OEM leather. I also want to get the brown OEM leather that is on the "First OMEGA in Space" speedmaster that was released in Basel earlier this year.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Excellent!
And I took a close look at that statue when I was I. DC this spring, too.

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
The beauty and craftsmanship of that movement reminds me again why this is such an iconic timepiece. Well done; enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts