WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my week old baby. Isn't he cute? Seriously, this is a TX Flyback Chronograph blackout watch. I wanted a black on black and am very pleased with the watch, after initially needing 2-3 wears to get used to it. A, it's super big, 47-48 mm, so that was a little intimidating, but wise for a tool watch I guess. B, it is incredibly easy to read in daylight, to put some people's minds at ease. At night, the lume is subdued, not super strong from what I have seen, but that's cool. It has a leather strap thats just average it appears, black PVD throughout, dual time zone / chrono, and blue AR on the sapphire crystal. Retails $575, so not sure about where to put it, but considering it is one of my least costly watches, I put it in affordable. (Also, I dont see a Timex/TX foru, unless I am missing it.) Without further ado, let me know what you think...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Congrats on your new watch:-! Its a lil hard to make out what the watch looks like from the pics though.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I'm still not sure how I feel about the "phantom" thing. Guess I'll have to get one for myself to find out. Does it have lume?

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Congratulations. WAYYY too big for me but glad you like it:-!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Cool watch... but what time is it again? ;-)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, a tough audience in some cases. ;-) Its very easy to read the time. I was actually pretty pleased with those photos. I only took those and they came out well I thought. Oh well, yes, I am happy with the watch....yes, the size initially is alarming/intimidating (and I have a small wrist, though the wrist shot is distorted in that regard) and one drawback is it does make other watches of more normal size 40-42mm feel smaller. But I think in the case of a phantom watch, larger seems better, in order to tell the time (a primary watch function I would guess), and I like having the variety. Just hope I don't put away my other watches now that I have this, but I don't suspect that will be an issue.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Great stealthy watch! I have the 800 Series and love it, but your is absolutely awesome! Congrats. :-!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
LOVE it! Congrats!

·
Affordables Moderator
17,576 Posts
Is that a slide rule bezel?? :p
Very cool, and I am surprised we don't see more TX watches here, I think they are awesome :-!

Cheers,
Griff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts