WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was talking to my wife about buying something new (I really love the 2254.50). Some of you all know that spiel, broach the subject, negotiate for the funds then try to sneak it into the house if you've been told "no".

At this time of year though we decided that funds for a new watch weren't going to go towards a new watch at all but rather towards buying a cow..... yep, a cow through "The Heifer Project". We decided that since we're blessed enough to actually have the conversation about spending the money on a watch, we could also use that money to help out some folks who may never have that opportunity.

Since taking a picture of a few cows strapped to my wrist is bit challenging and a shot of my bare wrist with the caption "Imagine a 2254.50 here" may be uninteresting, I figured I'd just do the post.

I wish all of you and your loved-ones a safe holiday and a great new year

Paul

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Aren't cows brilliant. They give you cheese, milk, steak and leather and awkward questions when your young child says "Why is that cow climbing on the other ones back?"

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You are fine people Paul, for thinking of those truly in need at this time of year when unbridled greed is so common. Sadly, PETA is on their way to picket your house because you're dooming a cow to the life of an animal...
Don

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice. That's sensible looking charity too there at the Heifer Project. I've done the Oxfam buy at goat thing for a few years. Doesn't matter what time of year it is. It's good to remember that not all our success and comfort is attributable to our own cleverness and hard work. Some good luck in where and when we are born helped. I'm all for the voluntary redistribution of good fortune in the form of goats and heifers.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Bassoon, I find your sentiments be quite moooving.

Oh, come on. Somebody had to say it.

Alex

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bassoon, I find your sentiments be quite moooving.

Oh, come on. Somebody had to say it.

Alex
Well, we've definitely established that you're no COWard......

It had to be said and I apologize to everyone.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
We're really milking it now. This is udderly ridiculous.

That was the last one, promise.

Alex

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hey Paul, just a quick note - funny how one thing affects another, far away - your post got me to thinking about doing a little more to help those who might be in need - and so I am doing a little more tomorrow. Thanks for the inadvertent nudge - thought you might like to know. A guy can only appreciate so many watches anyhow, right?
Best, John

PS - the bovine puns are great. Gotta like this forum.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad to hear that my experience is "steering" you in the right direction.

Have a great holiday.

Paul

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Doesn,t it wind you up when you come up with a good idea and find that udders got there before you!

Nigel

PS: Great charity idea - well done.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The first person that make a pun using Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy wins as it surely puts all the udders to shame.

Or am I just mad to think that? ;-)

p.s. DMB, I just revisted the site Man Laws. Man, the Guts and Balls section had me howling again. http://muybueno.net/articles/stories/manlaws.html

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Is that when you know how a cow feels when it cant reach its udders with a sponge to clean them - or am I a mad cow for even thinking that?

Nigel

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that when you know how a cow feels when it cant reach its udders with a sponge to clean them - or am I a mad cow for even thinking that?

Nigel

Man-u-re really reaching on that one...

I think that BSEides the really pun-gent attempts here, we've all "herd" the message.

Ugh, my apologies, It's too early in the morning for me to attempt being clever without some "calfine".

Ok, that was the last one.... really..... no Bull.....

ok, that was really really the last one.

Paul

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Forget the calfine, try one of those drinks that gives you wings, Red Bull !!!

We're really scraping the barrell here aren't we?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Man-u-re really reaching on that one...

I think that BSEides the really pun-gent attempts here, we've all "herd" the message.

Ugh, my apologies, It's too early in the morning for me to attempt being clever without some "calfine".

Ok, that was the last one.... really..... no Bull.....

ok, that was really really the last one.

Paul
You guys crack me up.... :-d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts