WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved it in yesterday and time has stayed dead on, only a few seconds fast since yesterday morning, hand wound it about 5 turns and wore it for about an hour yesterday, I really like it alot, power reserve seems good to go, still keeping great time since yesterday, very cool watch! and at a great price. Gonna post up some fresh pics when I pic up some batteries for the digi cam tonight. :-!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
The Amphibia is a great watch. I bought this one about two months ago.

The bracelet is the cheapest I've ever seen. Alpha bracelets are like 10,000 times higher quality than on these Vostoks! I ordered this Maratac Mil NATO strap the same day I bought the watch. Love it!

Reactions: fantom1981

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Amphibia is a great watch. I bought this one about two months ago.

The bracelet is the cheapest I've ever seen. Alpha bracelets are like 10,000 times higher quality than on these Vostoks! I ordered this Maratac Mil NATO strap the same day I bought the watch. Love it!

Great looking watch, I looked really hard at that one before I bought mine, Looks great with that strap, I have a dark grey Nato strap on order that I will probably be swapping back and forth on my Amphibia. What is the lug width on that one? :-!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yeah, the bracelet is pretty cheap but after you get it adjusted and wear it for a while to get it broken in, it's not that bad.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Great looking watch :-! - looks very tasty on that NATO strap. I've figured out one of the main reasons why I love these Amphibias so much - it's because the round bezzle and glass look like an old ship or submarine porthole - it's appropriately very nautical....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I still have mixed feelings about putting a NATO on a russian watch :-( , but pacifichronos' pic may just change my mind:think:

I still say that Zulus look great on DIver watches so heres my example:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Say, where did you get that one if you don't mind my asking. I've been looking for the blue "scuba dude" in the ministry case.
Zenitar on the bay, really good prices on these.:-!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I still have mixed feelings about putting a NATO on a russian watch :-( , but pacifichronos' pic may just change my mind:think:
Another alternative that gives these watches a "beefier" look is the Maratac "Elite" series straps. I tried one on mine this afternoon and think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
That blue dial version looks great Breakwater :-!

Can look good on a NATO or a Watchadoo 'Lumpy':

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That blue dial version looks great Breakwater :-!

Can look good on a NATO or a Watchadoo 'Lumpy':

Man!! Both of those straps look great! Time to spend some more moola!!|>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there! I'm expecting arrival of a 17J Amfibia (Antimagnetic) pretty soon from Ebay. My question: Where would I obtain a replacement bezel for it as the one on the watch is worn down to the brass? I live in the UK. Also a replacement crystal for my 1956 Pobeda?

Current Russian watches- Rodina 22J Auto( 1960), Komandirskie(1972-inscribed on back "presented to Lt.Colonel S.Antonov, Siberian military district), 2006 Komandirskie 'Tankist'( 31J automatic Amfibia 200m), 1956 Pobeda 17J, 1960 'Sturmanskie' 17J original face( not repainted!).

Any help much appreciated. Thanks, David.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hey guys,

I have four Vostoks that I love. Can someone describe the "Ministry" case for me? How is this case diferrent or special? Thanks! "Dos Vedania!"
-Cougar

1 - 19 of 19 Posts