WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first new-purchased mechanical watch arrived today, and i could not be more pleased! I have been giddy with excitement ever since this was delivered, and had to show it off here.

I discovered JS Watch co. here so I wanted to let everyone know that I had a great experience working with them, Sigurdur in particular, to order my watch. He was quick to respond to any questions and made sure every detail was correct. Time from ordering to delivery was very quick. For what it's worth, I highly recommend these guys!

I loved the customizability (is that a word?) of the watch. I was able to chose the dial, the hands, the date location, arabic vs roman numerals, the strap color and material, the clasp, and the engraving on the rotor.

My watch:

JS Watch co. Reykjavik
Model 101 38mm automatic
White dial with arabic numerals, and flame blued hands.
Ostrich leather strap with deployant clasp.

Pictures taken with my iPhone:

My name engraved on the rotor:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Oh she's pretty! Glad to hear your experience went well. I contacted Sigurdur briefly a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised it was one of the 'management team' that took the time to reply. Made a great impression. I have decided that I have to have a Sif NART sometime and certainly hope that the build quality is as good as it looks (no doubt). Hope you enjoy your watch and please let us know how it feels after some wear.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Everything about that watch looks right, especially that it's not 45mm... (he says, while wearing his 44mm...) seriously, nice. and as i teach photo, i gotta say those images from an iphone are scarily good. :) congratulations!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
That's a very nice looking piece... Congratulations :-!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Great, classic looking watch. I've been seeing their ads here and always wondered. Glad to hear and see about their watches. Hope to hear more in the future!

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Wow, that's lovely. Just been looking at their site and they have some very nice pieces.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, thanks for all the compliments!

As I said, I am in love with the watch and have spent the past 24 hours staring at it. I think it is elegant and classy without being pretentious or gaudy. Subtle elegance.

I'd love to do a review, and will work on one...but keep in mind that I am a novice watch enthusiast. I'll also make sure and keep the forum updated as to how it wears over time.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That is definitely a pretty watch. Thanks for posting the pics.:-!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.