WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

I have enough information to provide you with this update on my watch project and I alluded to in a prior post here... https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=37463

I have decided to use a derivative of my last name for the name of the watch; BOSCHETT.

The first .pdf is the dial layout for the diver. The model name of “Ocean Master” is pending and I welcome your suggestions for alternatives.

To recap the diver specifications:
316L SS
42mm w/o crown
ETA 2824-2
300m WR
Solid SS “oyster style” bracelet with solid end links
Sapphire crystal
Screw-down crown
Superluminova C1 applied indices
SWISS MADE

Price approx. $300

The 1st picture (.jpg) is an unprofessional mock-up done by me of how the watch will look, except the picture has a red bezel, and my first batch of divers will have a black bezel. The hands will be sword-type and may not exactly be the style in this picture. Sorry for the lack of precision at this point, but I figured a visual, albeit a crude one, is warranted.

The 2nd .pdf is that of the chronograph. The specs on the Chrono are:
316L SS
41mm
Valjoux 7750 – Elaboree with Perlee decoration
100m WR
Solid SS “pilot style” bracelet with solid end links
Sapphire crystal
See-through back
SWISS MADE

Price w/ ss bracelet approx. $700

The 2nd picture (.jpg)is other views of the Chrono.

In addition to the Arabic numerals, the Chrono also can be done with stick indices, which I feel look more elegant so I am leaning towards using them. At this time, I only have a hard copy picture with the stick indices. Also it can come with or without the black bezel (see 3rd .jpg for w/o)

My next step will be to finalize the design and place orders with the manufacturers.

So gentlemen, please provide me with your comments.

Thank you
Keith

Attachments

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Glad to hear back Keith!
The diver needs something to set it apart a bit....
Understanding design/cost constraints, would some "plongeur" hands be a possibility?
Maybe "lumed" bezel markings?
Just tossing ideas to give it a selling point without breaking the bank here.
The chronograph in the pdf looks pretty good I think.
Maybe outlining the subdials in the same gray as the numbers/hands markings would lend some definition?
Not completely sold on the gray either, like to see a mock-up in black.
Keith's looking for ideas and comments here guys!
Don't leave him hanging!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trajic.

The gray is actually white, and the black looks much better, in the hardcopy pictures I have. I left the pictures at work, but maybe I can scan them in and post them on Monday.

As for the "plongeur" hands, I'm sure I could do it since it has been done on the movement, but don't you think they would appeal to a smaller crowd? Me included since I personally am not a fan.

Everyone, please give me your ideas.

Keith

·
Registered
345 Posts
the diver is too much of a rolex... change the shape of the bezel... more like seiko monster.. im tired of coin edge divers :(
imagine the bezel of the monster with the raised parts united 2 by 2 in an omega sort of style.. that will make it diferent from all the hommage divers :)

the chrono is too much of a precista.. cant remember the exact name tho

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I think the diver is too classic, I'd prefer a more innovative styling such as Kobolds, Sinns, the Monster and others "modern looking" divers.:think:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
To paraphrase PT Barnum, You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

That said, I can only hope that this watch is introduced with more integrity than the "Lyndon". My only business comment would be that your specs are matched by many well known brands with a history of manufacturing, quality control and customer service. As to design................to each his own! Best wishes for success!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Keith - Both nice looking watches -

316L SS
42mm w/o crown
ETA 2824-2
300m WR
Solid SS “oyster style” bracelet with solid end links
Sapphire crystal
Screw-down crown
Superluminova C1 applied indices
SWISS MADE

Price approx. $300

Good solid components - competitive price
Pros - good proven popular design - one of the most successful
perfect size, workhorse mov'mt, sapphire and superluminova
Cons - similiar looking to many others
lot of competition in the 'Rolex look' coin-edge divers

Chrono in 2nd pdf. -
7750 mov'mt / sapphire
very nice looking chrono -
make another version with contrasting subdials

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey kpb1:

I wish you the best on your projects! I really like the chronograph and I think the diver has potential. If there was one thing that would really set apart the diver though, it would probably be the bezel as it is, as others have said, very similar to many many others. Not that the design is bad, it is just not extremely unique and thus I don't know how much it will stand out against what is out there already. Personally I tire of that style, but I'm sure others will disagree with me :) Good luck and keep us posted!

D

·
0 Posts
"The model name of “Ocean Master” is pending and I welcome your suggestions for alternatives."

TRITON and POSEIDON ruled the sea...why not some derivitive of that...

Boschett (Sea Triton) or (Sea Poseidon)
Boschett (Ocean Triton) or (Ocean Poseidon)
Boschett Triton
Boschett Poseidon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts