WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arrived today, a G-9000-8VDR, known as the stormtrooper model.

My initial impressions are very positive, and I like it a lot. The backlight is brilliant (dual illuminator), the display is easy to read, the watch is comfortable on my tiny 6.4" wrists, and I love the colour. It is a lot smaller than I was expecting, being only slightly bigger than my GW-M5600 and G-7710 but this is fine for me :-!. The buttons are hard to depress, as stated by other people on the mudman series, so no surprises there, and I figure it will get better in time. It all seems of good quality, as always expected with G's and the strap seems confortable during the time I have worn it so far, and I like the dual holes as well, mainly for aesthetic reasons though.

This watch will be tested also when I go skiing later this month, and will likely be my main watch for the trip. Here's a few pics of the watch and the cardboard box it came in (from Hong Kong). All my other G's have come in a round tin, but I think this is a regional thing.

I'll take some good pictures as and when I can, but this is what I have for now

·
G-Shock Mod
14,033 Posts
Re: My newest acquisition - I definitely have the disease now

that's a nice catch :-!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Just set it to my GW-M5600 and will see how it goes timekeeping wise. My G-7710 keeps very good time, to about +4sec a month, and want to see if this'll beat it

More Pics:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Love it :-!

I must get myself one soon ;-)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

:-!Nice clear photos (better than I can manage)...very cool caseback too! Thanks. The black buttons are the deal on that color watch, looks good. Has to be comfortable. Mud Resist! Nice!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sweet :-!. I have the green camo version but I really like this one, very nice.

·
Registered
779 Posts
NIce pictures. I too have the green camo version.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

:-!Nice clear photos (better than I can manage)
Thanks :-!. All I used was my point and shoot camera (£40, 5mp) and a tripod, using macro and self timer, and they came out ok with no editing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts