WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked this up at auction for a fair price, i know very little about this one, any comments on this appreciated, thanks again

robert

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hey Robert

Interesting pickup, i was watching the auction but didn't fancy it, looks kinda fat but i reckon that's just the pics, will prob wear well.

Simlilar in style to the Jenny/Phillips/etc divers that were around at that time, i'm sure some of the more knowledgeable guys on these will chip in. ;-)

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This particular model was built in the Aubry ERA of Doxa.

They marketed it as a DOXA SUB 200T with 200m waterresistance.

As the Rotor of the movement is unsigned and the design of the case, hands, dial etc. is totally different from all other Subs my believe is Aubry had the watchmanufacturing outsourced to some other company and tried to test a different design to attract other potential buyer groups.

As mentioned the design is very common compared to other brands like Jenny Carribbean, Candino monobloc, Philip watch etc.

A lot of 70´s and 80´s divewatches from different brands shared the same cases and movements with just a different branding, dial and hands design, due to the low production number and the shrinking market for analog and mechanical watches.

Another good example for these Design Test and maybe cost reduction process are the other SUB 200T Quartz Mens Models sold during the same period, which shared the cases with several Tissot, Dugena, early Sinn etc. Divers, with just slight modifications of the crown guards and lug area.

All in all a nice piece of Doxa Divewatch History.

Regards Bernie

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Robert,
Bernie said it all, except that your watch is depicted on page 61 of the Orange Book.
This means that your aquisition has been documented as a vintage Doxa. For the US, this model was distributed by BOREL WATCH COMPANY in Kansas City.
Regards,
Adrian.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hi Robert,
Bernie said it all, except that your watch is depicted on page 61 of the Orange Book.
This means that your aquisition has been documented as a vintage Doxa. For the US, this model was distributed by BOREL WATCH COMPANY in Kansas City.
Regards,
Adrian.
Just a small correction. It's page 41 and Image 61. of The Doxa Book.

Joe

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here is another one beyond the classic divers range...
Just great to read the magic word : "Conquistador"
Regards,
Adrian.

·
14,594 Posts
my watch arrived a couple weeks ago, now back from service with a new mesh bracelet, its very nice, excellent shape, keeping great time, and sharp lume,
:-!
rob
I have to say.....for a non-sub, that is a sharp looking Doxa. Nice, THICK case.|>|>

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
my watch arrived a couple weeks ago, now back from service with a new mesh bracelet, its very nice, excellent shape, keeping great time, and sharp lume,
:-!
rob
Robert, looks great! Especially on the mesh.:-!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts