WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my NT finally, but why me?
I am very sad now, because there is a little different on my NT.
Show as the following Photo, it is the night version of my NT.
And you will see that the scale color of hour is green, although the scale color of 12 o'clock is red different from others.
Why does everyone's NT have yellow color but only mine is green.
The NT is not called the NT without yellow color scale.
I was not aware when I am buying the NT until I went home.
What should I do now...:-:)-:)-(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is this the white dialed version? The White dialed version has green hour markers. Many pictures have been posted all over.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is this the white dialed version? The White dialed version has green hour markers. Many pictures have been posted all over.
Nope, it appears to be the newest version of the NT. Wonder if it says Universal Military Time as well?

Roberev posted his 2 NT's in this pic. White version on the right.

Rob's Black dialed NT Green hands, Yellow, blue markers..............Rob's White dialed NT Yellow, green markers and hands.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
HockeyBrand: Thanks for your consolation and explanation,
although I thought the yellow hour sclar is more beautiful.

scosgt: My NT is black dial with DLC coating, notice that the second scale color is blue.
And the white dial NT is also with yellow hour scale, only the second scale color is green.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with you, I don't like it.

Yep, I am not crazy about all that green, it would have looked better if the hands are not green as well. The first version definitely looks much better, it has all three colors nicely balanced, your version has far too much green on it with that solo red marker. It is surprising that they make a change this quickly without much fanfare, and making the watch less desirable in the process in my opinion.

I turned down the UTC version my dealer ordered for me, if this is what the UMT version look like, then this is a most unfortunate development.

Thanks for sharing. Does your 24-hour dial say UMT on it?

Can someone from Ball clarify if this is a new variant of the NT, or are all DLC NT look like this now?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Another possibility? It may just be the Asian version of the NT to Weiting's country. Like the yellow EMII Chronometer Taiwan variant that he reported on awhile back?

My understanding is that BALL Asia does not have affiliation with the USA North American network. I am not certain of the exchange/return, Customer Service you are able to get Weiting? I have read about certain problems with the purchase and crystal repair over an EMII Classic.

I know you were also eyeing the Hydrocarbon Magnate, so hopefully you can make this concern apparent enough to your AD and exchange for what you would really like?

The WWW is enough proof that you were going into the "sale", expecting a certain look and when you arrived home and checked it in the dark...it was not what you had seen for months on the Internet. This is the very first time any of us have seen your NT's colour version, so you've got a good case in terms of photos on the net to prove your dissapointment.

Perhaps if you need to (if BALL Asia does not satisfy your concern), you can write to BALL Switzerland HQ and see what they suggest?

It's probably an Asian AD training issue to improve their product selling by demonstrating basic watch functions (crown settings, etc) and shining black light to the face. I know my AD shows me every BALL in my palm, on my wrist and in Black lit conditions. All questions answered. My personal experience with HK AD's and Hublot, IWC, Jaeger (at the airport!) are they are mostly Model salespersons...with very little WIS in them.

Be sure to take some day time photos of your Asian NT. Would love to see/spot any differences with dial, strap, buckle, caseback. Any AD Promo gifts for your purchase Weiting?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hockey brand is probably right that your NT is the asian market release. Still looks sweet to me. Be checking out the NT here in manila to see if its the same as yours. Too bad my watch fund is dry.o|

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bought my NT in Manila 2 weeks ago. It's identical to the version beside the Watchuseek logo above.

I wonder why Weiting's looks different.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Maybe it's a one-of-a-kind mistake! Combine that with a UTC error dial and you have one heck of a collector's item!

...I'm trying to find the silver lining here. ;-)

Rob

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I totally agree with Rob! :-! Him with the S\S casing and bracelet Black NT.:-d
Maybe I should buy Weiting's NT from him and add it to my "Island of Misfit Balls" collection. :-d

Seriously, I'm curious about the red 12 o'clock tube too! It certainly makes it easier to orient the watch in the dark. Perhaps Ball figured that there was not enough contrast between the green 12 o'clock marker and the other yellow hour markers in the first-run NTs. The red isn't as pretty, IMHO, but certainly more functional. Of course, this is all wild speculation.

My only other stick marker Ball, the EMII Classic, has orange at the 12 o'clock position. This really helps in knowing which marker is the 12 o'clock marker in the dark, especially when I grab the watch, holding it upside down. There's nothing like being late for work because you thought the watch read midnight when it was really 6am.

Rob

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
:think: That is very interesting, Weiting! Perhaps yours was a one-off Asian prototype...? I'm not too crazy about it being red, either, but agree with others here that having a different color at '12' is a good thing for quick 'n' easy orientation when checking the time in the middle of the night.

I hope that you'll be able to find out how your particular NT came to be, and report back to us with your findings. Inquiring minds, right? ;-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Maybe I should buy Weiting's NT from him and add it to my "Island of Misfit Balls" collection. :-d
Now, there's an idea, Rob! :-!

Get enough of these "special" Balls, and you'll be able to travel the country, holding your own unique "tour"! :-d

·
Registered
510 Posts
:think: That is very interesting, Weiting! Perhaps yours was a one-off Asian prototype...? I'm not too crazy about it being red, either, but agree with others here that having a different color at '12' is a good thing for quick 'n' easy orientation when checking the time in the middle of the night.

I hope that you'll be able to find out how your particular NT came to be, and report back to us with your findings. Inquiring minds, right? ;-)
Geoff and Rob are correct. Several times when I wake up in the night...it takes an extra second or so to adjust my eyes to the Green 12 o'clock mark, as I'm laying on my side and the NT could be in various positions by the bedside dresser. The Red tube would make it almost instant to tell the time.

Can you imagine if BALL had planted this one-off NT for some lucky owner to find? Weiting: you are the grand prize winner! (Of something amazingly spectacular in the imagination of all BALL WIS). A tour of the Wonka...errr BALL factory in Switzerland?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Guys,

Here is my newly acquired 2nd ball watch. Fireman NT. Some pics for your viewing pleasure... :-! Sorry, I'm not a photographer but I try my best! The fourth pic using Nokia N95 macro mode while the rest using my old Sony 707 digital cam with IR function.

Cheers,
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hello, thanks everyone's opinion and comment.

Hockey Brand:
I am so touch that you still remember my choice between NT and Magnate.
But after I look the real watch from AD, I more like the NT because of its appearance
although Magnate is firm and durable.
And the watch of Limited edition of Taiwan, 44mm case is too big for me.
BTW, the AD just give me two movie tickets of "NATIONAL TREASURE- BOOK OF SECRETS" for purchase the NT.

jaymd:
I am sure that the NT with "green hour markers" is not specially for the asian market.
Because some of my friends in China and Hong Kong had bought the yellow hour Markers NT several mounth
ago.
As ryanwwf and evenstar said, they bought the NT is same as in US.

roberev:
In fact, in Taiwan every NT in watch store are all "green hour markers".
So it is not special for me.

Rebreather, sukispop:
I think the red color at '12' looks good, and the yellow hour markers is more beautiful,
So the best combination is red 12's marker and with the other are yellow hour markers.

icemangraf:
Thanks for sharing, very nice pix.

Dear all, after I asked the Authorized Distributor for Taiwan.
They told me that the new version of the NT are all change to green markers.
And Ball will not manufacture the old version with yellow markers.
The reason is that the green light is more conspicuous and obvious than yellow light ( of course I don't think so ).
So after now all NT become green markers and the yellow markers NT will vanish.

Can anyone prove the authenticity from Ball headquarters in US ?
Maybe the NT from AD in the globe are all new version in the future.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Thanx for the update. it was the blue and yellow that sold me, granted, green is brighter than the yellow, but I love having all of the colors. I would like a red indice at 12, that would help orient the saucer for me at nite.

So I wonder what the US market says...is that it for the yellow in all NT's? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Boy i hope that is not true in the US for the Night Train or for the Engineer Master II Diver COSC. In my opinion one aspect that might hurt the sales of the white Night Train is the lack of blue as minutes and less color difference. The three color offset is one of the details that makes the Night Train so different and appealing!! I see no warning of the changes listed on the website or anywhere but here. Had I made this purchase I would be disappointed also. I look forward to comments made by a Ball representative.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts