WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not typically a band-wagoner, but after a few months I have to say that my OD has been awesome!

First off my communication with Carlos was great. Instaed of offering me a simple response to my question about the case size, He offered documentation as well: Kudo's :-!

Now to the watch. The OD is smaller than most of my collection, having a 7.5" wrist, I tend to lean torwards 44mm and above cases. But with the right strap combo the case size of this watch becomes a non-issue. In fact the case size has proven to be much less burdensome and comfortable in the hot and humid summers of Florida. Along with the off-set crowns that doesn't dig into the back of my hand and a +4 second a day movement, the OD has quickly become a daily wearing favorite. :-!:-!

On another note; I am a bit of a strap junkie. I tend to drive my wife crazy with changing straps more than she changes shoes! And my OD is no different. The original strap was a little thin for my taste and made the watch seem small against my large hands. So off it came and the adventures began ;-)

Below are a few of my favorite combo's, let me know what you think...

Straight out of the box...

And straight to a Zulu strap...

A Bund strap...

Some custom leather from Orb Valley Straps...

And my current favorite; A contemporary look with a Boschett Cave Dweller strap...

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome to the club. I have both the OD and the Crono. I too was not entirely happy with the look of the original strap. I like how the rubber strap felt, but it just looked too thin next to the watch. I wanted a strap a bit thicker, but still old-school. So for my OD, I purchased a black leather strap with black stitching from Ridinfool. Once I broke it in, it was quite comfortable and looked great.

I have not yet purchased a replacement strap for the Chrono, as there are a plethora of fantastic straps out there and I am having a hard time making a decision.

Finally, I too like both my Prometheus watches. Great look and keeping good time.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome! Love the different straps. Mine is on a ACU gray nato (though a 2-piece) and I think it looks perfect on this watch. Enjoy!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great pics, and thanks for the post....I'm not an owner, but you made my mind up! I gotta get one!!!!
Just got to find a used one to buy or trade now, I just can't afford new within the next few months!
Regards
Jem

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great pics, and thanks for the post....I'm not an owner, but you made my mind up! I gotta get one!!!!
Just got to find a used one to buy or trade now, I just can't afford new within the next few months!
Regards
Jem
ps I prefer the zulu look!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Superb!:-!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I just pulled the trigger and order the OD GMT.
Now the long three or four day wait while it makes the trip from Iowa.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Paladin, that 4 ring zulu looks great, I love how the weight allow them to disappear for the user but visually “thicken” up when properly worn. The green strap and black rings really complement the dial.

Nice Bund, all leather looks nice. No conflicting metal finishes that would clash with the OD case. It must add slightly more thickness than the Zulu but sounds like it’s a plus for you.

The stitching on the orb works well with the dial layout. If you like the leather with your OD you may want to check out the DIVESTRAPS vintage buffalo. If you like the look, I’ll let you know my impressions when it gets here.

Two great automatics in the last picture, nice to see that both are used. Now that Boschett Cave Dweller strap…stunning. The OD always looked like perfection pulled from the past; however it looks Special Ops ready with that curved/fitted Boschett strap (looks like you already switched over the PWC tang)…can’t tell how much that Masters of Defense CQD is affecting my judgment though.
How does the Boschett strap fit? It looks like it sits flush right under the lip.

The more I see the OD the more I’m impressed with its balance of style. Brian seems to have achieved perfection. I’ve yet to see any strap that doesn’t complement the OD, allowing the user to influence the OD to their character.
The Ocean Diver Day/Date is going to be Brian’s opus magnum…

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the awesome responses!!

Saras - I hope you were distracted by MOD CQD. If so then I did well, LOL! I have added a few more pics of the fit on the Boschett strap;

BTW - don't be fooled by the appearance of shadows between strap and case, there is no space... It is very snug and a strong fit between the case and strap. And, yes, that is the PWC buckle being used. I really do like this set-up, kinda brings the whole image in line with a modern IWC Aquatimer

Once again, Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Awesome pics of a great watch Bill. I think I saw pics of your OD elsewhere where it was wearing the green Zulu. I liked the look so much, I ordered a Zulu for my OD.

Congrats on a great watch. I share your enthusiasm for the OD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Paladin, Thanks for posting the pics with various straps. I think the Ocean Diver looks great on the Boschett cave dweller strap. It really is a perfect match for a divers watch. In fact I liked the strap so much I ordered one from the Boschett web site today. What a great deal at only 19 dollars and free shipping to boot. I really think Carlos should consider a strap like this for future Ocean Divers as the current strap really doesn't match the quality of the watch.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
Fine photos of a fine looking watch! I really like that custom tan leather look on your new OD. Cheers, Bill P.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts