WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

It has been about a month after purchasing a Seamaster Ceramic in black from my local Omega Boutique and I would like to document my experience. After giving it much thought decided to spend the extra money and receive a boutique experience and Omega's factory warranty. I know this timepiece trades well under retail in new condition online, but at $4,400 I wanted to make sure the brand would back me 100% and I was right. After about 2 weeks of enjoying my new watch, I took a good look at it in the sunlight and noticed a mark on the crystal. I didn't think much of it and proceeded to wipe it off with my t-shirt. To my surprise, it wouldn't come off and after further inspection, I quickly realized the mark was on the inside of the crystal o|.

I didn't think this happened when spending $4,000+ on a luxury timepiece, unfortunately, it did. After about a week I found time to take the watch back to the boutique. Now, this mark wasn't very noticeable and was even hard to see under a loop. However, in sunlight, the mark would refract and since I knew where it was I would see it every time. At the boutique, the manager quickly offered to help me to ensure I was satisfied with one of their products. After he saw the mark he told me that it was in fact on the inside of the crystal and was a polishing mark from when the crystal was being produced. He then turned around and went into the vault. Upon returning he had my watch and two other watches that were wrapped in plastic and had never been on display. To my surprise, he told me to inspect the other two watches for anything similar and once I found one I liked he would swap my bracelet over and allow me to take a new watch home :-!. I came back that same day with the warranty card for the original watch and swapped everything out for the new one. I couldn't be happier.

When going into the boutique I had no idea this would be the outcome. I was expecting to bring my watch in and have them tell me that it would be covered under warranty, but the watch would have to be sent to the service center for a two to three-week turnaround. I was happy to see the boutique take good care of me even though I have only purchased one watch from them. I know a lot of Omegas trade at a discount second hand and even new in the grey market, but I am happy to pay a premium for this kind of service.

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 3.20.42 PM.jpg

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice. I had a similar experience with my Speedy at an AD. Small fiber trapped between the crystal and case hanging under the crystal. Called them up, AD said to bring it in. He saw it, replaced it on the spot, and I went home happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Great service by the OB. In cases like these, it's definitely worth paying the little bit extra. Having your watch sent for service for 6 weeks sucks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! My hope was to help those on the fence of online vs. AD; I was very happy to fork over the extra money.

Reactions: carlhaluss

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
That's a great story and great to hear but isn't it a little bit sad that we celebrate a business doing the exact right thing to do. That's because this has become the exception rather than the norm it should be.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
That's a great story and great to hear but isn't it a little bit sad that we celebrate a business doing the exact right thing to do. That's because this has become the exception rather than the norm it should be.
It's not and never was the norm because it's an expensive timepiece. It's like expecting your dealership to replace your car after you get a minor problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What a neat experience! I almost picked the same piece up from an AD but ended up with a PO. I would hope for the same experience when dealing with a similar issue, but as mentioned above I think a boutique swapping a lemon piece for a new one is beyond doing the customer right. It’s a great way to keep a customers business.

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
Great to hear you had such a positive experience, and thanks for sharing. Been dealing with the local OB for years now, and it has definitely brought me a lot of pleasure and very pleasant experiences. Maybe it hasn't "paid off" in a financial sense, but the emotional rewards far outweigh what dollars I would have saved. While I would not criticize anyone else's means of obtaining a new timepiece, for me this is definitely the way to go.
Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
514 Posts
For $1400 more than a grey dealer with the exact same warranty they should've replace it.

Glad you had a good experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
846 Posts
Glad to hear that you received that treatment. There is nothing worse than buying a new product, finding a fault, and then waiting weeks/months to get it returned to you as it should have been in the first place.

Reactions: Mpere1340

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks like Omega has QC issues
Did a new warranty card with SN# the same as the replacement?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like Omega has QC issues
Did a new warranty card with SN# the same as the replacement?

That's right, The SN# on the new watch came with its respective warranty card.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm glad you had a great experience. Makes all the difference, doesn't it? I've had nothing but positive experiences with Omega CS myself and it makes me appreciate the brand so much more. I know there are arguably better watches out there, but those positive experiences when things have gone a little wrong mean I'll probably be an Omega customer for life now.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to share.
Congratulations on your great watch.
Bravo to this OB. I hope you gain some deserved business for going the extra mile.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That is an awesome experience and I am thrilled for you! It is ALWAYS good to hear positive customer experience stories.

I actually visited my first OB this weekend and the service was top notch. My wife agreed to go in only after we went to Tiffany (I thought it was a solid trade) and she wanted to get in and get out, as she isn't a really watch person. Here's the crazy part--the service was so good that my wife even tried on watches and is seriously considering finally dumping her Apple watch for an Omega. I know the boutiques cost more than grey or some ADs, but honestly to get to talk watches, see some LEs in person, and get my wife interested in watches...to me that is worth it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great story. The guys and gals at the boutique in the mall here have always been extremely friendly and helpful, een when Im clear that I'm not looking to make a purchase.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm glad you had a great experience. Omega boutiques and AD's have always been super friendly and helpful to me, even when I don't buy. I wish all dealers had this mindset, I would probably stop buying grey market if so

1 - 20 of 22 Posts