WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just got this Omega Pie Pan, it needs TLC (it stops working). Given this is a desirable Omega I am not sure if I should send this to Omega for a proper revival? I bought it at a cheap price so dont mind the expense. What do the experts think?

photo.JPG

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There are two ways you could look at it... 1. any watchmaker (and probably a number of folks on this forum) could overhaul that watch, which would be cheaper. 2. Omega would have an easier time replacing the crown and crystal with the proper ones. That's going to be a real beauty when it is cleaned up!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
The parts (crown/crystal-if needed) are easily obtained thru Ofrei or Cousins.
As RonD said, nearly any "old school" watchmaker will be familiar with that movement (561/564?), and up to the task of servicing.

Nice watch, congrats.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The parts (crown/crystal-if needed) are easily obtained thru Ofrei or Cousins.
As RonD said, nearly any "old school" watchmaker will be familiar with that movement (561/564?), and up to the task of servicing.

Nice , congrats.
Thank you!! ,:) what is Ofrei/cousins?

btw, I will also need a new case back - does anybody know what is the reference no for the case back ? I don't have the proper tool to open the screwed back...,:(

Ps: this is a gold-steel combi model...

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Like others have said use someone local rather then the expense of omega ofrei and cousins are suppliers of watch parts. With cousins you would have to start an account but then again a descent watch guy should be able to order them for you. And congrats on the piece

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
where are you based exactly? If in the UK send it for restoration to swiss times services and if in North America/Canada then send it to Al Archer or Nesbit

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where are you based exactly? If in the UK send it for restoration to swiss times services and if in North America/Canada then send it to Al Archer or Nesbit
Based in Switzerland...do I just show it to Omega centre in Zurich/Geneva? I'm always a bit nervous entering any glossy rip off boutique! ,:) does watch servicing mean cleaning the watch dial as well? Sorry ive never done it before so no sure what to expect....also, what could be a reasonable estimate for this pie pan servicing? I need a new glass, new case back, new crown..watch stops running after 1-2 mins...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you!! ,:) what is Ofrei/cousins?

btw, I will also need a new case back - does anybody know what is the reference no for the case back ? I don't have the proper tool to open the screwed back...,:(

Ps: this is a gold-steel combi model...
Hi,
Finding a local watch guy is the most important 1st step. You may not need to order from Ofrei or Cousins, but if you need to, here's the link:
Omega Watch Parts, Tools, Bracelets
Cousins UK - Watch Parts Branded

Do post some pictures when you've got her serviced - I think she's going to be a beauty!

Oh, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Based in Switzerland...do I just show it to Omega centre in Zurich/Geneva? I'm always a bit nervous entering any glossy rip off boutique! ,:) does watch servicing mean cleaning the watch dial as well? Sorry ive never done it before so no sure what to expect....also, what could be a reasonable estimate for this pie pan servicing? I need a new glass, new case back, new crown..watch stops running after 1-2 mins...
If you go through Omega perhaps 1000€ if not more. I remember how much I was quoted for a basic service on my speedmaster 125, almost 1350€!!!! Omega restoration and service costs are insanely high and that the quality of the service done by Omega leaves a lot to be desired. That is why I avoid Omega service centres at all costs . Look for an independant watchmaker and next time instead of buying through the bay, check vintage watch shops in Switzerland which sell pristine condition and warranted items (many of them sell vintage Omegas even tough it is not cheap).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You are based in Switzerland and shopping from fleabay? Oh my gosh, I thought the watches are just fruits on the trees there and falling like leafs in autumn - winter:) You are a lucky man!

Congrats on your purchase, I am sure there are some qualified watchsmiths around there who can assist you in your concerns.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't have any relationship with this guy, other than that he serviced all my watches, but check him out, because he's done a lot of Omegas lately: http://watchguy.co.uk

/edit: beautiful watch btw. I'd love to have one, but I'm afraid to buy a vintage Omega because of all the fakes/frankens out there.

Sent through Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts