WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I purchased used PO and just notice that the Swiss Made is missing the letter S as below pics

I have check the dial very detail and can say that there is no scratch / or damage in that position. If any scratch or imperfection made during the service overhaul, sure there will be some scratch left. But that position is perfect but missing the “S” letter

Any explanation for this one? The watch is original and sure authentic one

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you able to independently authenticate that this is a genuine PO? Since you bought it second hand, the previous owner must have noticed it. Did he/she mention the issue?
No he did not. I own several watch before. I can sure the authentication since because except this issue, the rest is perfect.

The watch also come with full box, 3 cards, and he sent it to service with paper as below (it is in Korean so I translated it). I also own several watches and basing on the finishing, I pretty sure it is authentic

I just only wonder why Omega come out with this mistake

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
That's strange but if you are sure it's authentic i wouldnt think much about it. You already checked if is indeed a "Co-Axial" movement? And not some modified ETA to pass by it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's strange but if you are sure it's authentic i wouldnt think much about it. You already checked if is indeed a "Co-Axial" movement? And not some modified ETA to pass by it?
Yes absolutely it is co-axial. I saw the mod eta already and definitely this one is real

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sometimes QC does not always go as planned.

At least you will have an Omega that is "unique".....
Yeah. If that is a scratch resulting from the overhaul, I would very said. But since no scratch or stain at the place of missing the letter “S”, there is no other reason except for the printing issue.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Personally I would be quite annoyed by it and don't see it as ''unique'' as much as ''with obvious defect''. It wouldn't pass my eye, can't see how it could've passed Omega's QC.

I wonder how could this be fixed? They'd have to replace the entire dial?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I don't think it was this way when it left Omega. It could be the paint not sticking to the dial, and at some point in service, the paint came off, when someone used rodico or tape to remove dust.
Definitely. I've seen this before on one of my watches. An older sportura seiko watch parts of the word SEIKO kept displacing itself over the years. Now there's just a part of couple letters on the dial.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I'd return it. At the very least, it should have been disclosed to you. I'm wondering why you didn't see it in the first place...surely you must have been furnished pictures of the watch...in either case, if you ever want to move it, you will have some explaining to do.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello everyone,

I purchased used PO and just notice that the Swiss Made is missing the letter S as below pics

I have check the dial very detail and can say that there is no scratch / or damage in that position. If any scratch or imperfection made during the service overhaul, sure there will be some scratch left. But that position is perfect but missing the “S” letter

Any explanation for this one? The watch is original and sure authentic one

Thank you

There appears to be a white fleck at the 12-minute mark, at the perimeter of the crystal. I can't quite tell if it's on the crystal or on the face. If the latter, maybe that's where the S went to hide. It is possible it was knocked off during servicing. I'm more concerned with the servicing notes referencing "coagulation contamination / foreign substance in the movement."

1 - 20 of 50 Posts