WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah. If that is a scratch resulting from the overhaul, I would very said. But since no scratch or stain at the place of missing the letter “S”, there is no other reason except for the printing issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What kind of answer are you looking for? The only one that can tell you why it looks like that is the previous owner. If he have pics of the watch before service, or when it was new, maybe you can find out when it happened. If the reason in it self is what will make you dismiss or like it, how can we help? Live with it or ask the seller to take it back.

·
Registered
663 Posts
If any one on the forum has seen this before, hopefully they will see the post and write in. If you recently purchased this item I am concerned when sellers don't inspect the watch and reveal the true condition, I hope this was seen in pre sale photographs. The pre service document indicates a "foreign substance" or material in the movement which is usually consisitent with something entering the watch from either the crown, the helium escape valve, or a broken crystal. In this case it could be related to the "S" coming off the dial. Normally Omega service will recommend dial and hand replacement at the time of service and I do not see any recommendation to replace dial or hands. It may have gone through service and this was missed as it was reassembled and return to the customer, stranger things have happened. In any event it's return to seller, or get a new dial, or live with a unique "SWI-S" dial.

·
Registered
Sinn EZM3Fz
7,902 Posts
One of a kind. Would keep it after I have it authenticated with omega and no one else.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Reactions: fish70

·
Registered
849 Posts
No he did not. I own several watch before. I can sure the authentication since because except this issue, the rest is perfect.

The watch also come with full box, 3 cards, and he sent it to service with paper as below (it is in Korean so I translated it). I also own several watches and basing on the finishing, I pretty sure it is authentic

I just only wonder why Omega come out with this mistake

If this does help, the address and the AD name does point out to one of the OMEGA AD in BUSAN, south Korea, so the watch does look AD serviced. authentication is probably a least concern right now. Sure, the reciept could have been fabricated, as well as the watch swapped wit hcounterfeit with same serial number, but I personally doubt anyone will go that far, esp. with likes of an Omega. (if it was a richard happy meal, maybe...)

I would love to see the original text for "coagulation contamination" in Korean, as the translation admittably is a bit weird.

Defect wise, OP's pics were a bit vague, but the "-" on SWI-S made looks to be located on the top, which makes me speculate that either during service, or via simple wear and tear, the "s" just fell off. More likely the former, esp. if this watch's dial was "cleaned off", per servicing process. Likewise, I feel like if this watch was erronously printed, the "-" may look cleaner. That said, I am sorry to say your PO is likely not the factory "error dial".

Now when it comes to "disclosure", ideally the seller will take refunds, or at least be reasonable with you, if you have some complaints regarding this issue. However, imho, if seller did post all the detailed pics of the watch, which did indeed display "swi-s made", with comments like "please see pic of the watch for details", I still think seller did his best trying to disclose everything, and won't be surprised if this "miss" is likely an unintended peccadillo from his end.

Should you have indeed covered your ass and saved the sales post, as well as the pics of the watches from the sales post, I say look for the "-" in those pics. if posted sales clearly show an "s", then we have a problem. Otherwise, this "-" is likely one of those classic "**** happens", with used goods purchase. If the identical "-" is detected from vendor pics, then I think the seller, though not perect, has done his part trying to disclose much as possible, and some responsibilty is in OP's hand for not recogniziing it them.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I purchased used PO and just notice that the Swiss Made is missing the letter S as below pics

I have check the dial very detail and can say that there is no scratch / or damage in that position. If any scratch or imperfection made during the service overhaul, sure there will be some scratch left. But that position is perfect but missing the “S” letter

Any explanation for this one? The watch is original and sure authentic one

Thank you

It's a fake guaranteed. No Omega is allowed out in that condition.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts