WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls
I got a blue face Seamaster, u know the "Bond" one, Automatic.
Its new from around this summer time.
I saw some early posts which i cant source regarding their Omega stopping. Mine lasts like 24hrs on my bed side table and stops.
Its v.annoying cos have to reset the date, time etc....especially when one has more than one watch to wear...i heard this was a common thing? is it a mechanical fault or do i just live with it!

cheers Oscar

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get a watch winder to keep the watch in and wound up. You pop the watch in set it to either continuous or timed and it will rotate the watch to keep it wound up and running.

I have this ( http://www.rapportlondon.com/windersSingle_W108.html ) that I use on timed when I'm not wearing the watch.

Chris

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you follow John's advice then there should be no problem. If there is a problem and it still stops after 24 hours then I would move heaven and earthl to find out why this is happening (given that you didn't swim while the crown was unscrewed, etc.). Go to you AD and demand a replacement right away. That's very unusual given Omega's reputation.

Clarence

·
Registered
325 Posts
My watch did the same thing after 3 years...except it would not go for more than 10 seconds. I never swam with it, never opened the helium escape valve. It did spend a lot of time on the watch winder. Some people thought the constant time on a watch winder could have broken the main spring. The only explanation I got from Omega Bienne was that the insides were "dirty", which doesn't make much since to me. I wonder if the watch was really up to spec when I bought it. Just my experience...

·
Premium Member
13,241 Posts

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Mmm...I wouldn't say "prone"

I wouldn't say they're "prone to" these "sudden stop" issues. That implies that they're likely to have problems, and I don't think that's the case. I think it's more accurate to say that, in the past, there have been some reports of a common issue (interestingly, the thread George links to is about a quartz watch).

Despite our friend Georges' constant criticism of ETA movements of any sort, on the whole, the c.1120 has proven to be a solid, reliable movement. I'm hoping that Oscar's situation is an operator error ;-)

eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts