WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Oris Aquis date 43mm a few years ago, from a grey market seller (so no warrantee at this point). About a year ago the movement started to behave differently, it would run like a champ within a few seconds a day if I wear it constantly. If I remove the watch for even a few hours, it will stop or lose hours of time. On a few occasions it's even stopped on a winder. So my question is, whats wrong with my watch and how much should I expect to pay to fix it or should I just look for a new movement? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I might be wrong in my opinion and suggestion, but I hope someone will correct me then.

My wife has lady size Aquis diamonds, she had similar issue.

It was problem with rotor - check the caseback if it turns freely when you shake the watch, if not that's the case for you too. I think this should be easy fix for any competent watchmaker.

I also think you can still handwind it without damaging the movement (but for this last part maybe wait for second opinion from someone else on forum)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
One wonderful thing about the Oris line in general is that their movements are of good quality and tend to be based on very well known, and very well respected base movements.

I've never had an issue finding a watchmaker to look at an Oris piece. Generally, if they can service the ETA 2824-2 or 7750 (the Sellita movements are somewhat similar)... they can service the Oris calibers.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
All good advice here. Hand wind it about 40 turns or so, then set it down and check the accuracy after a few hours. If it's accurate then, then you know it's the rotor that is binding, keeping the watch perpetually minimally wound when on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts