WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lusting after a Sinn 556i for some time now but have been held up due to the increasing price ( for no apparent reason other then that the watch industry just feels like it) as well as the size and the lack of opportunity to try the darn thing on ( im in Canada and watchbuys will not accept returns from the great white north). As a result I would like to share my ideas on what would be the perfect version (for me) of the sinn 556i. If you have any suggestions of your own please feel free to share. Maybe sinn will consider some suggestions
-Case: 40mm and tegimented
-Domed crystal sapphire but I would consider acrylic
-tegimented bracelet to match
-In the dark to indicate which position the 12 marker is I suggest adding Lume to the logo. Don’t know if this is possible but it would be pretty sweet
-keep the date but perhaps in a different location, preferably without ruining the symmetry of the dial.

-keep the gloss dial that deep black (at least from pictures) looks amazing
-movement is alright with me so stick with it. I appreciate the extra effort they put in to make it more of a Sinn watch
-no dehumidifying tech
-no argon filled case

That for me would be perfect. I cant see myself wanting another watch really…well except for a speedy
Well I guess I better get back to work. Cheers ladies and gents:-!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm probably in the minority here, but I appreciate when manufacturers keep smaller case sizes. With so many going all out on the large case sizes ("cough" Seiko), it's good to still see some options in more classic sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm probably in the minority here, but I appreciate when manufacturers keep smaller case sizes. With so many going all out on the large case sizes ("cough" Seiko), it's good to still see some options in more classic sizes.
Amen! There are so damned many watches out there which I'd love to wear, but which are just silly on my 6.25" wrist. The 857 TESTAF, I would love to buy, but not at dinner-plate size!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Some of the other watches in smaller sizes I've really been eyeballing are the Nomos club 36 and the new MkII hawkingeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I have been lusting after a Sinn 556i for some time now but have been held up due to the increasing price ( for no apparent reason other then that the watch industry just feels like it) as well as the size and the lack of opportunity to try the darn thing on ( im in Canada and watchbuys will not accept returns from the great white north). As a result I would like to share my ideas on what would be the perfect version (for me) of the sinn 556i.If you have any suggestions of your own please feel free to share.Maybe sinn will consider some suggestions
-Case: 40mm and tegimented
-Domed crystal sapphire but I would consider acrylic
-tegimented bracelet to match
-In the dark to indicate which position the 12 marker is I suggest adding Lume to the logo. Don’t know if this is possible but it would be pretty sweet
-keep the date but perhaps in a different location, preferably without ruining the symmetry of the dial.

-keep the gloss dial that deep black (at least from pictures) looks amazing
-movement is alright with me so stick with it. I appreciate the extra effort they put in to make it more of a Sinn watch
-no dehumidifying tech
-no argon filled case

That for me would be perfect. I cant see myself wanting another watch really…well except for a speedy
Well I guess I better get back to work. Cheers ladies and gents:-!
Sounds like you want an 856I which doesn't exist yet. I'd have one too please.

Reactions: MontRoyal
1 - 7 of 7 Posts