WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To commemorate the more than 1000 likes I got at WUS, I decided to share my young Omega journey to the wonderful guys here.

I started on this hobby 2 years ago when I stumbled upon watch forums like this one and PWC (Philippinewatchclub.org). It all started with the affordable Japanese watches, but I always envied Omega owners because I love their designs and brand heritage... realized I need to save up a bit more to be able to afford one Omega

Last October 2011 for my 40th birthday, I got my 1st Omega - the Speedmaster Professional Apollo XI 40th Anniversary LE:

With around 45 affordable watches at that time, with a diverse collection and wide-range of parameters, I discovered the sweet spot with this piece! This fueled my desire for Omega. By January 2012, this was my line up already:

Added:

Speedmaster Professional Broad Arrow 3594.50, with the Gemini IV dial on mesh
Flightmaster 145.036 c. 911
The Great White
Planet Ocean 42mm c2500

Finding the Flightmaster opened another door to the world of Omega vintage pieces!

If you do your research on these vintage pieces, you will find a lot of other beautiful pieces! This lead me to hunt for my birth year Speedmaster Pro... so by March 2012 here is what I found:

My Speedmaster Professional Trio:

My last acquisition came 2 weeks ago when a known collector in the PWC forums offered me his "extra" piece - Seamaster Chrono 176.007 so I immediately gave in!

My Omega vintage chrono trio:

Speedmaster Professional 145.022 c. 861, birth year watch 1971
Flightmaster 145.036 c. 911, 1975
Seamaster 176.007 c. 1040, 1974

That's about it so far! I enjoy all these pieces and look forward to more Omega purchases in the future ;-)

I want to commend the WUS site for the wealth of information about Omega. I learn more about watches everytime I browse here. Also, we find good pieces for sale here in the marketplace as well! In fact the vintage Flightmaster and my birth year Speedy were all purchases from our members here! I love WUS! More power to this community. Share your Omega stories guys!

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Great collection, I have a love of all vintage pieces and that includes the unknown to the known companies. You could do with a bumper movement in your line up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
have been there and i commend all your choices. i have owned just about every omega made over the last 40 or so years at one time or another. i think what you have is a fabulous basis for a very nice collection. all your watches look amongst the best examples you could hope to have. love the mesh look as well. vastly underused look on a vintage watch.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Hey there buddy! Thanks for sharing the great pix....Really love your collection! I had no idea you were collecting Omegas like that. We'll have to chat sometime soon :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks again guys! Yes JakeB, I have been bitten by the Omega bug :)

I do love the Omega mesh, it's currently on the Great White. From the original bracelet, to the Nato strap and now on the mesh:

And the Speedmaster Broad Arrow with Gemini IV dial now has the Tissot racer strap. Looks a lot better, the holes on the bracelet accentuate the Panda dial. I will keep it on this strap for a long time.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Sweet collection! That's a really interesting Seamaster chrono, I haven't seen one with those striped markers before :think:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice collection, always starting with one and builds from there...and what a great looking Flightmaster!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice collection sir! I regret being late for the PO you flipped earlier, I was the one who called you the day it was sold. That Speedy is really something. Being the 40th Anniversary of Apollo XI on your 40th birthday, I don't see how I would ever part with that watch.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I keep coming back to this thread bud ! A Lovely Collection of Timepieces ...
Well Done.

·
Premium Member
13,300 Posts
pretty nice collection, thanks for sharing:-!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was lucky to have acquired a second 176.007 piece - the silver dial one! I specially loved the light blue accents on this variant. Not sure if I will still replace the seconds hand.

Ok so here are the photos!

My Omega Seamaster GMTs:

My Omega Vintage chronos:

Speedmaster Professional 145.022 c. 861, birth year watch 1971
Seamaster 176.007 c. 1040 Silver dial, 1972
Seamaster 176.007 c. 1040 Blue dial, 1974
Flightmaster 145.036 c. 911, 1975

1 - 20 of 30 Posts