WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

As I posted last week my local AD was running a once every 4 years sale for the leap year. I wasn't able to make it down on the actual sale day but they did a pre sale where the watch when back in the case until the sale and as long as no one bought it at full price it would be pulled from the case before the sale and shipped to me after the sale. Well it came today FedEx overnight from the AD. My two disappointments are the following (To put in perspective VERY SMALL disappointments)
1) I'm new to Omega so I don't know all the boxes but I was expecting a Red "Leather" box but I got what I think is a box for a ladies watch. Is this correct. See pictures below.
2) 2500C Movement. I had went down to purchase a 2220.80.00 or the black version, I put the PO on just for comparison in size. It totally pulled me in and I had to have it. I was going to check and see if it had a 2500D or C but forgot :-(. Anyways I confirmed it had a C by the picture of the 10 and SN beginning in 8468. (Can anyone approx put a date of manufacture on this for me?) I don't really consider the C broken but I also don't have to have to live without it for weeks while Omega fixes it, if the watch has the stopping problem. To be honest it was such a great deal I can't complain (Far better than Grey Market).

Attached picture is all my watches waiting for their new friend.

Pictures to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Box Carton Packaging and labeling
Box Ready to Open

Room Paper Furniture
Box Opened and packed well

Box Party favor Carton Packaging and labeling Rectangle
Omega white box

Present Ribbon Gift wrapping Red Box
Laddies Box not Omega Red Box?

Red Box Material property Present Party favor
Untied the bow before I realized you didn't have to (Stupid me)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red Material property
Inner watch box

Red Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory
There it is :):):)

Watch accessory Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Strap
Back

Watch Watch accessory Red Close-up Fashion accessory
Omega with Red Dot intact (I didn't expect it not to be)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Looks to be a 2500C

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Another shot of the front

·
Registered
620 Posts
If the price was right, don't sweat the little things. As long as you have the papers, you are good to go. If you don't plan on selling it, you don't need them either. What I see is a sweet looking watch, that you got for a great price. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should mention the cards are correct and warranty is filled out. SN on the cards matching the watch. So really I don't have anything to complain about. Probably should have said surprise instead of disappointment on the box. As for the movement it was such a great deal no way would I go grey market or to the local Boutique and pay much more just to get 2500D. I was just hoping in the back of my mind it was.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congratulations on your new PO.

Omega does not ship the watches to the ADs in the box. They come in small plastic blister packs with the tags and cards.
The boxes with the manuals are separate, the AD puts them together. That way they can store the watches in their safe. The boxes can be stored any where.

Because of the sale they might have run out of the regular boxes. As others have stated I would not worry about it. Most people just put the box in a closet and forget about it. You have the cards and tags, that's what really important. Sounds like you got a good deal anyway.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
I know you said minor but really man, nobody and I mean nobody has ever seen the boxes my POs came in, I couldn't even get my wife to look at them if I wanted to.

For the fear of some calling me defensive since I am a PO 2500C owner x 2, the 2500C isn't broken!!!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Congrats man. Don't sweat the box- its the watch that counts! Enjoy.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just something I found out but you guys probably know. The pictogram card actually specifies the box the watch should get. The white outer box of the box I got says Box #1 and my pictogram card says Box #3.

·
Registered
145 Posts
To say you are a little disappointed now will unfortunately not go away. The whole point of spending this sort of cash (discounted or not) on something you have lusted after for a while is to be 100% happy. You have not got what you expected and the packaging is incorrect. To me it would be like buying a Porsche 911 and getting Boxster floor mats, you may not want to sell in the future but in my opinion i would ask the vendor what happened to the watch you thought you were getting and the proper box, it's all about the whole package for a luxury item and i'm guessing you feel a little bugged by it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts