WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
The case serial 429... dates somewhere between 1912 and 1916. Keep in mind, that without seeing the movement, it's impossible to say more- especially that the difference between the dates of production of the case and movement could be as much as 9 years.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The case serial 429... dates somewhere between 1912 and 1916. Keep in mind, that without seeing the movement, it's impossible to say more- especially that the difference between the dates of production of the case and movement could be as much as 9 years.
Thanks.
And the serial 429 is the firs one or the other?
Sooner i will show the movement.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
The other, as you haven't posted pics of the first one, where any of its serials would be visible.

Reactions: Sansoni7

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,274 Posts
The dial style is a little generic and somewhat 1920s. I have the same dial on a Zenith (sunken centre, red secondary hour markers, broken railroad minuterie) and that watch is from 1929. I suspect that Omega was using up old stock of cases when assembling this one.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
First one had its movement made circa 1924-1925, the case 1930-1931, so it's from circa 1931.

The other one has its serial number located on the dial side of the movement, so there's nothing to be added to what I've already said.

Both watches have the layout of a basic Omega 19''', the exact calibre number of an Omega movement back then was its size in lignes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts