WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I mainly post over on the DOXA forum as I am afraid I have turned into somewhat of a Vintage Doxa Sub nut.

Before I started with wristwatches and then vintage DOXA sub's I collected Pocket Watches. I have had these stored for two years so I thought I would share them with you and a couple of close ups of my favourites.

I know they are not worth much but I still love them and enjoy giving them a polish and a wind. There is nothing quite like the sound of 10 pocket watches ticking away :-! it also drives my wife nuts :-!

GROUPSHOT

I have a few more secreted away but they are mainly non-runners and in need of work.

ROLEX (my most expensive one)

I had to have this one as I absolutely love the dial on it plus its the only chance I will have of owning a ROLEX.

No 1 MOVEMENT (my prize one)

This was my horologists pride and joy and it took me ages to pry it away from him, I love the fact that its someones first ever watch they made.

WALTHAM (my first pocket watch)

I picked this up at a local auction for £20 a few years back and its probably responsible for this WIS bug.

PRIDHAM (my favourite movement)

I love the engraving on this movement, it was disgusting when I got it but my horologist worked wonders but sadly the chain snapped about two months after its service and we have yet to find a replacement so its a non runner.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Some beautiful pieces and thanks for sharing them. The Waltham dates to approx. 1900, the Rolex is a 20th century watch I'd say. The two English levers look like 1850-1870 to me.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Nice watch collection I would try to find another watch maker I had the same problem with one.One watch repair guy wanted nothing to do with it and then I found one that worked magic.

Here is my problem child it works great today

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
They look great, the Rolex especially.

The one on the right, open face with the gold case and hands, the one with the crown - what is that? What brand, I mean? Looks nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts