WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After receiving my Reactor Photon and being so impressed with the build quality of these watches, I decided to buy one for the girlfriend. I decided on this Critical Mass model with gold highlights as it's 35mm and easily read. This is a stock photo, haven't received the actual watch yet. The other pics are of the Photon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
They are definitely solid watches. I have a Critical Mass Chrono and a PVD Trident. You're lucky to have a lady who appreciates a nice watch.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactor Critical Mass 35mm arrives. I must say that the smaller Reactors don't seem to have the same quality finish as the larger models. A few things that are immediately noticeable, the lume dot doesn't line up with the 12, the second hand doesn't hit the indices perfectly and the Day doesn't line up perfectly in the window. Also the crown doesn't have a very positive feel when screwing down, perhaps to it's smaller size. These are faults that only myself would notice, the GF isn't quite as anal as I am. I paid less than half the retail on ebay, but if I'd paid the full whack (over $300) I'd be a little disappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Call Reactor and see if they can fix it. They should be able to give you an estimate.

Here's mine

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had 5 Reactors and they are solid watches. Currently have a Neutron and a Heavy Water and can't understand why they don't have a bigger following.

I love my Photon, that's why I bought the mid size Critical Mass for the girlfriend.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not worth the expense of having to pay postage both ways from Thailand to the US. As I said, the GF won't even notice the small faults that I did.

Call Reactor and see if they can fix it. They should be able to give you an estimate.

Here's mine

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Must have missed that you were in Thailand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts