WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long trip my long lost relative from a distant land arrived, I was very pleased to get my package from local post and after a quick polish and bath I fitted her with some clothes as she arrived with none but I expected that and after new clothes I brought her up to our current time and hope she keeps up or does not run away to fast but I was told that she was cleaned and adjusted before the long journey

Anyway without further delay here in my new vintage Vostok Amphibia, the bezel ring is pretty loose but I doubt I will try to correct as I don’t want the possibility of damaging it, as I said I set her to current time and will let her rest dial up and see what happens in 12 hrs and as long as with are say +/-5-6 secs per day I doubt I will crack open the case.

056E9AFB-D23F-41E8-8576-02F777E75C54.jpeg
3C9A4184-B871-4C2F-A804-3BE611DF59B2.jpeg
E19C45E2-B23C-438F-9F0D-A922A375A653.jpeg
263A6CAB-DD90-41AA-8F69-C7880A03EFE1.jpeg
DDFC3B6B-AC33-4EC9-A202-B93096540120.jpeg
9E503B19-F157-4C7C-95F1-3828391F23E2.jpeg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice, I love old cracked dials that are otherwise not damaged - yours with applied numerals as well (y)... I'm waiting on a couple of such old Vostoks from the Ukraine - seems to take ages to get something from there...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I love old cracked dials that are otherwise not damaged - yours with applied numerals as well (y)... I'm waiting on a couple of such old Vostoks from the Ukraine - seems to take ages to get something from there...
Took almost a month to get my piece which under the circumstances it was not bad, looks like she has decided to run a tad fast and currently is running at +8-10 secs per day which is within spec but I will likely try a few resting positions for regulation before I crack open the back and give her a nudge to slow down.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Def a good score there m8, hope it gives good service as not all far eastern sellers are truthful when they say "serviced by watch master" e.g. in most cases looked at by someone with a knack for watches who gets 'em working 9 times out of 10.

Looking at the exterior though, I expect the interior is going to be as good and clean.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Took almost a month to get my piece which under the circumstances it was not bad, looks like she has decided to run a tad fast and currently is running at +8-10 secs per day which is within spec but I will likely try a few resting positions for regulation before I crack open the back and give her a nudge to slow down.
Interesting watch, for the bezel you just have to remove and stiffen the metallic wire underneath it, a little bit like you would do it with your 5513.

You will find out that Amphibia is quite similar to a 5513 in many respects...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Def a good score there m8, hope it gives good service as not all far eastern sellers are truthful when they say "serviced by watch master" e.g. in most cases looked at by someone with a knack for watches who gets 'em working 9 times out of 10.

Looking at the exterior though, I expect the interior is going to be as good and clean.
You prompted the curious side of me so I cracked her open and she looks pretty clean, she was resting dial up for 12 hrs and gained 4 secs so I rested crown down for a few hours and now she’s only +1

Has not had and wrist time so we will see what the accuracy is wearing

52132E69-3B3F-4345-9C03-A139F01D194A.jpeg

Interesting watch, for the bezel you just have to remove and stiffen the metallic wire underneath it, a little bit like you would do it with your 5513.

You will find out that Amphibia is quite similar to a 5513 in many respects...
Im not sure I will take the chance in tightening up the bezel ring as I have never done it and my fear is I break it trying to remove

·
Registered
219 Posts
You prompted the curious side of me so I cracked her open and she looks pretty clean, she was resting dial up for 12 hrs and gained 4 secs so I rested crown down for a few hours and now she’s only +1

Has not had and wrist time so we will see what the accuracy is wearing

View attachment 15377021

Im not sure I will take the chance in tightening up the bezel ring as I have never done it and my fear is I break it trying to remove
nah, you won't break it
just watch a couple of yotube videos how to do it, most of the time it's very easy

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
nah, you won't break it
just watch a couple of yotube videos how to do it, most of the time it's very easy
Breaking it: probably not. Its a Soviet design! Making it worst: quite possible. We had spent hours discussing this. These wires are quite strange. To remove the bezel you just need to carefully pry it from the case by inserting some wedge. Plastic can be used to avoid scratching the case. Some people use the tool that comes with Lego set to separate the pieces. I just use the watchmaker’s knife. Once you take it off you will see a wire sitting in the bezel’s grove. This wire is a segmented circle. Slightly bending the angles of these segments can make the wire more circular or less circular. More circular will make the bezel more lose. Its a trial process. Search this forum and you will find a long thread on this subject.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Wow so clean inside, look at the caseback seal and no mangunge, no dirt on the inside ring or anywhere on the movement, even the magnetic shield is spotless :)

If you overcook it on the bezel wire, just get it roughly so when in place you can see a few of the "links" jutting out by couple mm at most and use something like an old socket over a plastic bag to protect the bezel and crystal and press it into place, it will fight you but will click firmly and you can help it a little by catching a couple of the links under the edge of the bezel runner.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may be sending the piece back to the seller as the watch keeps stopping even after being fully wound, I checked to see it it was magnetized and the Lepsi app says no, Im ok with it being fast or slow as I can regulate it but can’t have a piece that keeps stopping.

I will give it a few more days to see what happens but have already contacted the seller

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When it stops, any hands on top of each other? Basically check for hands obstruction.

Then test face up and face down.
i have done that already and it stops at different times, fully wound or not fully wound, wearing and not wearing as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts