WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I restored and smartly polished my gold plated Itraco watch, added a new leather strap. Do you guys have any info on the company? I can't find anything on itraco, i wonder if its a rare piece? Anyways here some pictures, any thoughts?
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Buckle Watch accessory Belt Strap Belt buckle
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Antique Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I don't know anything about this brand, but I think you did a very nice job with the restoration.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Hi Lord sauceda,

Not sure how much more there is. Possibly you could extract more info on the movement. I cant see any letters or numbers on the movement from the image you show.
But half the fun of vintage is discovery. Here is a link to a watch movement archive we all use...

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements

My guess is the movement is an ETA one. By looking at the numbers on the movement you might be able to marry them up with the numbers on this list then you can compare Ranfft's image with your watch.Then hey presto !, you have the knowledge of the movement. I suggest you give it a go as it is a great resource.

Regards,

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
20,599 Posts
Well, it is certainly unusual - but not excessively rare for its time. In the 1970s, a number of digital mechanical watches were made to try and compete with the digital quartz ones. They ranged from cheap pin levers to more sophisticated Swiss lever movements. This one is, as shown by the "TD" on the rotor, made by Tenor Dorley:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: TD 1395

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for your info-I didn't know that the "TD" = TENOR-DORLY ..so your input has helped me find some pretty cool info. thats very interesting to read. This watch is definitely very rare if you throw in the ITRACO name as well-I would love to see anyone out there with the exact same piece or archives of its pics.
Below are links that show very much so what a big deal the "T-D" movements are in horology..

An Independent Spirit: Dingemans Mechanische Horloges | The Monsieur

The smaller watch brands: Tenor-Dorly · Watch Blog

Tenor et Dorly cal 1383

Well, it is certainly unusual - but not excessively rare for its time. In the 1970s, a number of digital mechanical watches were made to try and compete with the digital quartz ones. They ranged from cheap pin levers to more sophisticated Swiss lever movements. This one is, as shown by the "TD" on the rotor, made by Tenor Dorley:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: TD 1395

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
20,599 Posts
Tenor-Dorley were probably best known for teaming up with Brac and Kelek in the 1970s to produce one of the weirdest looking automatic chronographs ever known: the TDB-K Cal. 1369:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: TDB 1369 (TD 1335)

Despite looking like it, it was not integrated but modular: they raised the rotor and squeezed in a chronograph module rather than placing it under the dial. The subdials were in really odd positions: permanent seconds at 6:00, minute totaliser at 2:30, hour totaliser at 11:00. Which led to watches that looked like this (as an example):

bidfun-db Archiv: Armbanduhren: 109: HAU Kraiko Automatic-Chronograph Kelek 1369, ca. 1975 ungetragen

There was also a digital version, the TDB-K 1376 - rather like yours but with a chronograph added.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.