1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
161 Posts
I read your review, enjoyed the pictures.

It's an interesting model, with all the various iterations. The originals are also much nicer than the new version, which I find to be quite unimaginative.

I have the black dial X-Plus version of the Steelfish, with the syringe-like second hand, and have to agree with most of your comments. The dial is incredibly detailed and I never get bored of looking at it.

Although substantial, the size of the watch is actually fairly conservative by today's standards. I have an approx 7in wrist and it fits perfectly for my taste. It is a thick watch but still comfortable on the wrist. I've accidentally knocked it against a few walls, escalators, windows, etc, in my time but I think the walls, escalators and windows came off worse.

The watch is also incredibly reliable - I haven't had it serviced and it runs like, well, clockwork.
I won't ever sell this watch as it's a real keeper for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you're right. I labeled it as "XL watch", not "XXL watch". Heck, maybe Super Avenger is soon the new mid-size. :-d

But for non-watch people Steelfish is still a big watch.

The AR is surprisingly robust too, even on the outer surface. I have banged my crystal a few times but there are no marks on the AR at all.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
IMG_5300 (1).jpg

I really wanted your style second hand but waited one model year too long. This is a very durable watch that I wore everyday for many years and never had a bit of trouble. Thanks for the review and beautiful photos.
Frank.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I've never owned a steel fish but really want to own one at some stage. The 3 dial Colour variations are all beautiful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
Very informative review, thank you for that!

Reactions: JP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great review, thank you - I’m spending a (not unpleasant!) spell narrowing down my list of Breitling potentials, and this really helps - very lovely watch and agree about it in blue, although shiny straps do appeal to my magpie tendencies!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Loved the write up and the mention of RobbieG - whatever happened to him? I also have a special spot in my heart for the Steelfish, I have the one with the arrow second hand and wear it daily - the thing has been through a ton and still going strong. It will always be with me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts