WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a reasonably price watch for a quote unquote Swiss quartz movement. Accuracy is within several second a month and overall I would say its is reliable.

My only negative point would be about the ticking second hand. After a close inspection I noticed that it would not line up with the graduation on the dial. It was annoying me and I felt that this must be a problem and I was obviously sold a defective wristwatch. I marched on to the store ready to point out the defective item. On my way I decided to checkout the other models in the display window. To my surprise they were all offset by a fraction of a second. This must be the way they were sold. I got thinking could it be a refractive effect through the sapphire crystal, an optical illusion. If you've experience this on other models I would like to know. I hope that I am not alone.

The technical specifications are listed below:-
Movement: Swiss Made Quartz 3 Hand with Date
Case: Solid Marine Grade 316 L Stainless Steel ۰ Unidirectional Turning Bezel ۰ Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal Lens ۰ Super Luminous Dial ۰ Solid Stainless Steel Crown and Screw Lock Caseback
Water Resistance: 100m
Diameter of case: 44mm
Bracelet: Solid Marine Grade 316 L Stainless Steel ۰ Genuine Leather with Solid Stainless Steel Buckle
Bracelet Width: 22mm

This is quite a heavy watch, you will feel it on your wrist. I personally have to take it off if I am playing golf. The steel bracelet is sturdy and interesting to take off. It has a folding latch over a pressed pinch pin, I like it. It takes some getting use too. There is no accidental release with this mechanism.
Swiss Eagle Altitude SE 9021-01.jpg

·
Affordables Moderator
17,576 Posts
That is a brand I haven't heard of yet, and it's a nice watch. How's the lume at night?

Oh, you are not alone regarding the "quartz second hand not aligning to the markers" syndrome. It's fairly widespread and affects Swiss, Japanese and all other manufacturers. Sometimes you get one that's right on the money, sometimes not, regardless of price too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lume at night is bright but only last a few hours. Compared with the luminous (tritium) it is brighter but short lived. The other watch I have is a Citizen Chronograph AT0550-11X. The lume has a blueish tint as opposed to the green phosphorous lume of the Swiss eagle. The Swiss eagle logo stays on for much longer but that's of no use if you can't read the time. They could have done a better job by lining the entire hands instead of just the tips with the super luminous material.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts