WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right wrist is bigger then my left wrist, I am right handed after all. I figured being right handed my right wrist would be a bit bigger then my left. It's about 3/8" bigger then my left. I found this out by trying on my watch on my right hand, the watch was tight on the wrist. Glad I don't have to switch my watch from one arm to the other.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That's very common -- joints and major muscles are bigger on the dominant side. In fact, the easiest way to identify if a dead body :oops: used to be a righty or a lefty is to measure its biceps / wrists.

·
Registered
801 Posts
If your wrists are different sizes, you obviously need twice as many watches as somebody with two same sized wrists :-!. Not that you really wear one on the other wrist, but just in case . . .

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I think this kind of abnormality is quite frequnetly associated with another one -
Right nut hanging lower than the left. Do check but we dont need to know!
Just kiddin.:-d:-d

Actually just like foot sizes differ between right and left, wrist sizes also have a subtle difference.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I got a feeling he thinks this thread is creepy way beyond reasons of post mortem identification...

now that was a hilarious moment in the last "family guy" episode...looks like me in high school ;-):-d!!! my right wrist is also bigger than my left. i'm left handed by birth, but have become almost ambidextrous since i was about 10. i practiced kendo (japanese fencing) and Iaidō (the art of drawing a samurai sword from a scabbard) as a child and this was a right hand dominant martial art, so my whole right arm is bigger and stronger than the left. personally, i find it easier to wear my watches on my right wrist.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My right wrist is bigger then my left wrist, I am right handed after all. I figured being right handed my right wrist would be a bit bigger then my left. It's about 3/8" bigger then my left. I found this out by trying on my watch on my right hand, the watch was tight on the wrist. Glad I don't have to switch my watch from one arm to the other.
Maybe it's from Wolffs law cause for the dominant side

1 - 16 of 16 Posts