WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year everyone!

My Seagull D304 from Seagull Official Store on Aliexpress managed to catch the last train in 2019 and landed in my mail box on 31 Dec. It has been quite an acquisition journey, so I would like to share with you guys.

I first made the purchase on Black Friday as they were 40% off on the official store. Long story short, the watch arrived 1 week+ later with a disfunctional top pusher -- it doesn't always engage/stop the chronograph when pressed.

So I quickly contacted the Seagull guys on Aliexpress via the chat system. They asked for a video showing the problem, and quickly accepted my return request.

Since Aliexpress doesn't have a "return and replace" option, they had to do a full refund, ask me to place a order without paying, adjust the price to whatever I paid, and finally, ask me to pay for the new order with the adjusted price.

Kinda troublesome, but it worked. We got it all settled in 20mins.

So the D304 I am wearing now is the replacement Seagull sent me. Everything works, and it's absolutely beautiful!

I also had an enjoyable chat with the Seagull guys about their plans ahead. They are planning to open an Amazon store in 2020, wonderful news! They also acknowledged that they should spend more effort in developing design signatures (just like Grand Seiko' case polishing, Omega's lyre lugs, Parmagiani's hands), and come up with more original designs.

Overall, excellent experience! They are pretty responsive and responsible, I won't hesitate to buy from them in the future.

Pics below, do note that all macro shot were taken when 20x magnification, so that one small little ding on the case near top pusher is impossible to notice in naked eyes.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,500 Posts
beautiful watch... is this the sapphire crystal model?
This is the acrylic crystal version, recognizable from the tall domed crystal and shallow bezel.

The sapphire crystal has a tall bezel with a shallow curvature of the crystal.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Sweet looking chronograph! Thanks for sharing the great pics!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beautiful watch... is this the sapphire crystal model?
Ah as Chascomm mentioned, it is acrilic crystal. A great detail and complement to the vintage heritage of the original watch I must say.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've always been curious about the Seagull brand and Chinese watches in general. It's nice to hear they took good care of ya. Also from looking at your well taken pictures, the chronograph looks very handsome.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always been curious about the Seagull brand and Chinese watches in general. It's nice to hear they took good care of ya. Also from looking at your well taken pictures, the chronograph looks very handsome.
Definitely handsome! It has been occupying my wrist for the past week all day long, and gained only 16s since 1700hr on 31 Dec!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those are some great macro shots. Well done.
I love my 1963 chrono. Whether it’s an actual Seagull or not.
Very accurate watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts