WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blegh, my Seagull1963 just died. o|

I noticed a distinct 'clunk' sound coming from the watch when I shook my wrist. My first thought was that the crystal was coming loose, or the back wasn't securely screwed down. So I took the watch off to take a closer look, but I couldn't find what was making that 'clunk'-sound. (it was still running perfectly).
So I figured: "maybe it's one of the chronograph-pushers". So I pressed the top-pusher to see if it was loose, and when I pushed it I actually felt the mechanical movement moving around.
It ran for about eight seconds after I pressed the pusher and then the movement came to a grinding halt, and it's now sitting completely lose inside the case.

I've had it for only 6 months now (I got it the 31th of december, 2008 from Watchunique).
Lucky thing that Watchunique has got a phonenumber on their website, so I called them and they told me the address I could sent it to.
So this will probably all turn out right, but still....it sucks!:-|

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Ja, dat zuigt.

Must have left the factory on a Monday. Fortunately you got it from a Dutch dealer and still has warranty.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Blegh, my Seagull1963 just died. o|

I noticed a distinct 'clunk' sound coming from the watch when I shook my wrist. My first thought was that the crystal was coming loose, or the back wasn't securely screwed down. So I took the watch off to take a closer look, but I couldn't find what was making that 'clunk'-sound. (it was still running perfectly).
So I figured: "maybe it's one of the chronograph-pushers". So I pressed the top-pusher to see if it was loose, and when I pushed it I actually felt the mechanical movement moving around.
It ran for about eight seconds after I pressed the pusher and then the movement came to a grinding halt, and it's now sitting completely lose inside the case.

I've had it for only 6 months now (I got it the 31th of december, 2008 from Watchunique).
Lucky thing that Watchunique has got a phonenumber on their website, so I called them and they told me the address I could sent it to.
So this will probably all turn out right, but still....it sucks!:-|
Sorry to hear that. I recently got one from Watchunique and so far all is well. I asked them to test it before it left and they said that they do this will all their watches now (24 hour run test etc). Seems like they care about their customers so I am pretty confident they will look after you.:-!

Keep us in the loop. I want to see a wrist pic when it is back working properly on your wrist.|>

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Sorry to hear this :-(

It sounds like those pesky movement mounting screws have come loose. This is not the fault of the movement but rather the casing at assembly time.

Hopefully you will either get a replacement or it will be fixed up good as new...they are beautiful watches :-!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
sorry to hear that.

if you do a search on this forum, you will quickly see that you are not alone.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
sorry to hear that.

if you do a search on this forum, you will quickly see that you are not alone.
I have read this concerning the watchunique models.

Has anyone had similar troubles with the cnmark models?

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Zoodles95
I know. Watchunique can not be blamed for this. It is a good shop, and the woman I spoke to through the telephone was nice, said they felt sorry it happened and told me the proper way to sent it back. Nothing to complain about their service, so I'm also confident this will all turn out okay. It's just that this is a very nice watch and I wear it quite often. From all the watches I have there are two I wear very regularaly (my dad's old watch and the Seagull). The others get a lot less wristime. Untill now, I guess:-d

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
@Zoodles95
I know. Watchunique can not be blamed for this. It is a good shop, and the woman I spoke to through the telephone was nice, said they felt sorry it happened and told me the proper way to sent it back. Nothing to complain about their service, so I'm also confident this will all turn out okay. It's just that this is a very nice watch and I wear it quite often. From all the watches I have there are two I wear very regularaly (my dad's old watch and the Seagull). The others get a lot less wristime. Untill now, I guess:-d
I hope that there is not a design flaw with the watch itself as I too also have a 1963 from Watchunique. I love mine as well.b-)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Glad to hear about the watchunique comments.... I am in the process of buying one of these, but the transaction has been a little wonky.

Hopefully I get a "strong ticker" and won't face the above challenges...

best of luck,
b

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem with my 1963 from Watchunique. They replaced it without any problem. I have since sold it though.

It's too bad the QC is so terrible on these watches.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Constellation90
Probably, yes. But I don't want to screw around in a watch I still have a guarantee on, and I was afraid the movement might have got damaged. That's why I sent it in.

Anyway, I just called Watchunique to ask what the status of the repair was. They told me they repaired it yesterday (it was indeed one of the screws holding the movement in the case that had somehow snapped). They keep it at their shop for a few more days to see if it runs okay, and then they'll sent it back to me.
The woman on the other end of the phone also said that the backside was a bit loose, and she said she suspected that I had be screwing around with the watch.
I find that a bit strange, because I most certainly have never done anything with the watch. I think the backside wasn't screwed down securely when I got it in the first place.
Luckily this'll al turn out good after all...Now the only question remains: What will arrive sooner?
My repaired Seagull, or my newly ordered Alpha Jumping Minute?:-d

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I don't think people really give it much thought when they make comments such as this. Look at your cell phones, your microwave oven, your refrigerator, and the very computer that you are typing on. Not all goods from China suffer from poor quality control.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Oh happy day! Yesterday I recieved two presents at once. The first present was my repaired Seagull. Kudo's to Watchunique.com for their fine service! They are quick, they sent it back thorougly packaged (foam-peanuts anyone?) and they included a nice handwritten(!) note to inform me it was repaired. Thank you, Watchunique.com!:-! :thanks

The second present was my Alpha Trident Split Minute. They have never been this quick. It usually took three or four weeks for an Alpha to arrive, but this took less than two weeks. Alpha also stepped up in regard to their packaging. They've included a nice user-manual (not the usual A4 paper format print I expected), a cool green pouche and a warranty card. Cool!:-d
Altough I have never seen lume as bad as this (it literaly glows for about 30 seconds) it still is a very nice watch.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Congrats on both your 'presents' :-!

The 1963 is way too beautiful to be at the shop, instead of being on the wrist. This alpha is also very nice. I have my eye on it for some time (but also on some 10 other watches;-))

Regards,

Martin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts