WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to post this? But I thought everyone might get a kick out of seeing my Seiko Lassale, which I understand happened when Jean Lassale bought by Seiko, correct?

My dad bought it for me as a graduation present from college, it took me 19 years after I graduated high school to get my B.S. degree!

I probably wouldn't have picked out a dress watch if I had a choice, but he picked it out totally by himself at a jeweler in Florida where he was living at the time, and you don't look a gift watch horse in the mouth, eh?

I've come to like it a lot and it's a great dress watch. Keeps super accurate time - I can't remember the last time I set it and it's within 3 sec. of NIST time as you see it here. The gold plate looks more scratched up in the close-up photos than it does in real life. I will have to try and lightly polish it one day.

The best part about this watch, it's only 5 mm thick, so you never know it's on. I haven't found another similar dress watch that thin with a date.

It has a 33 mm face and four "Frankenmonster" style screws at the corners, which I think make it really unique.

It also has a recessed face and as you can see, around the dial are Roman numerals, very small at the III, VI, IX and XII places. There are no numbers on the face itself, just gold marks, not sure what you call them.

As far as I can remember, it's only had 1 battery replaced since 1989.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see it, I'm proud of it and glad I own it. :-d

Sodiac.

Check out how thin it is, that's the end of a black Bic pen sitting on the box for comparison:

Here it is next to the Glycine Bienne 1914 I just bought used:

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I have seen Lasalle before, but I didn't realize it was named after a person. Interesting.

The Glycine looks like a watch for a gorilla next to the Lasalle !!!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing. I have seen Lasalle before, but I didn't realize it was named after a person. Interesting.

The Glycine looks like a watch for a gorilla next to the Lasalle !!!
It sure does! The Lassale looks "normal" when it's on, the Glycine looks pretty big, that's for sure, at least on my 7.25" wrist!

·
Registered
999 Posts
That is an incredible watch!
I'm going to have to keep an eye skinned for vintage Seiko's I think :-!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts