1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My watch: Seiko Velatura Automatic Chronograph SRQ001J1

Hi Guyz,

Please don't tell me how stupid I am to do this! o|

Today me and my dad wanted to spray paint some parts of my dads car that had some corrosion with silver spray paint for cars. I forgot to take out my watch while doing this! I had a long-sleeved shirt that saved my watch from being absolutely useless but still, I got some small spots of silver paint on the watch bezel and on the stainless steel band (both on the silver and black rubber parts). It looks like I haven't got any spots on the glass.

So long story short, the watch looks stupidddddddddddddddddddddddd!!! just like me.... the spots annoy me and I can't wear the watch until they are gone!!!!!
So my dear Seiko buddies, please guide me how to get rid of the paint spots.

:thanks Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Re: My Seiko Needs Help! How to remove paint from my Seiko Velatura Automatic Chrono SRQ00

You need to tell us exactly what kind of paint was used, to advise you of the proper solvent.

Enamel
Laquer
Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Re: My Seiko Needs Help! How to remove paint from my Seiko Velatura Automatic Chrono SRQ00

It is enamel spray paint (aerosol spray).
Oil based? Xylene? is it everywhere? How about a picture? I'm a general contractor so I get this quite often on my watches and my buddies. Fret not my friend :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts