WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the looks of the SND253 but I could never get used to the cheap feeling bracelet. To make matters worse I could have used at least 1 extra link. :-|
After looking at the solid link bracelets out there I happened across Tungchoywatch.com. They had a solid link SEL bracelet specifically made for the SND253 and SND255. Here are a few Pictures of the new band.

note how the link melds right up against the watch.

This has a push button release on the latch.

Here is the latch opened.

Here is a shot of the solid end links. Note the screws holding on the links not split pins.

The bracelet even uses a Seiko latch.

All in all the bracelet is great. It has nice weight and balances out the watch well. It was even long enough for my beefy wrist.

The only problem with the bracelet was that it was either 0.2 mm under cut or the holes for my spring pins on the watch were offset slightly. I was not able to use the fat spring pins provided as they did not line up with the watch when the links were in place. I was able to use the origional spring pin. This gave me the tolerance I needed to get the pins aligned and inserted into the watch holes.

All in all I was very happy with the purchase. A currious note. The watch arrived from a New Jersey address, "IDS On Line". This kept me from having to deal with customs duties.

Now I think the watch will get much more wrist time than before. :-!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts