WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1791 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Four days ago I could finally pick up my long awaited SRP775. And I love it!

This is not a review, I won't go much into technical details or refer about the background of this reissue series. Here's a wonderful review of the new turtle's Pepsi version (SRP779) with more about this alongside with fantastic pictures!

This is a collection of impressions, I will add a few comments, but the pictures will tell the story of that beauty.
(I'll split this into two parts, first the watch with details and in a second part a series of mainly wristhots with the default metal bracelet as well as two rubber straps, I prefer in order to bring out the beautiful shape of the SRP775's case.)

Here we go, I hope you'll enjoy this!

This is my main guy:

160127_322.jpg

But I once had a Sumo and have missed a Seiko diver ever since I sold my SBDC001. So here it is, Seiko SRP775:

160129_384.jpg
(Please note, that the lume is too turqouise here, it's rather greenish as is well known with Seikos Lumibrite.)

In daylite, so that you get a good impression of the color of gold here.

160129_044.jpg

160129_044b.jpg

160129_047.jpg

160129_006.jpg

The body. You can already see the lug holes Seiko added for the new turtles.

160130_113.jpg

The face with the Saturday in blue. You can see, the dial is a bit misaligned. With the dark font against the dark dial, this is not so obvious when viewed in real life, but of course it's in your face with the macro pictures. In fact I don't notice it much, but the offer from my jeweler stands, that we will correct the issue as soon as I want to.

160130_114.jpg

Again, the dial with the Sunday in red and all printed details of the dial.

160130_203.jpg

Backside of the case with the well know tsunami wave and the 22 mm spring bar.

160130_124.jpg

Just like the orignal Turtle 6309-7040 the crown is unsigned.

160130_097.jpg

The other side. A bit brushed on top and polished towards the bottom.

160130_199.jpg

Bezel pip and sword at 12 o'clock.

160130_116.jpg

Bezel - print and structure.

160130_115.jpg

Reflections and again the beauty of the sword at 12.

160130_117.jpg

... to be continued ...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... Part II, bracelets and straps.

On da wrist with the default metal:

160130_282.jpg
SRP775_metallband.jpg
160130_252.jpg

With the 'Zuludiver 284' I ordered from Watchgecko for the SRP775. This is basically a copy of Seiko's Flat Vent, but is said to be softer, more flexible:

160130_141_zuludiver284.jpg
SRP775_zuludiver284.jpg

Again from Watchgecko, this is the 'Zuludiver 317':

160130_171_zuludiver317.jpg
SRP775_zuludiver317.jpg

Ok, this is the end. Thanks for reading! :)

I'll finish this series with one from life, I added a bit of Polaroid retro charme here:

160201_318_P.jpg

Kind regards
Bernd

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
great photos, love your omega too. Hoping to pick up a 775 one of these days...

Reactions: oldfatherthames

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ all, thank you! b-)

Have always loved that Railmaster too, is yours the 36 or 39mm?
That's the 39,2. :)
And I'm glad, I did not buy the 41 mm, which from the maths could have been the first choice given my wrist size. The 39,2 fits my wrist so great and there is not the even the smallest doubt that t would to big! But the Railmasters dial is so on the spot, that I could even imagine wearing the 36 mm one.

Well done. I was thinking I wanted the blue bezel, but your pics are pushing me this way. Thanks! Can you share where you bought it?
And I was initially thinking I wanted the black one. ;-)
I had already preordered the 777, but with each and every picture I saw, the 775 grew on me, although I normally do not like gold accents on watches at all. And hey, in the flesh it is even more beautiful than in pictures. Though I had high hopes in advance, I wasn't preprared for this, when it came out of the box. It is just so elegant and sophisticated with the mat gold numbers on the fine granulated bezel and the dark lettering against the dial. No bling-bling, no show-off, just very stylish!
I bought it here in Germany in Düsseldorf at Ihr Juwelier Morawitz in Düsseldorf

·
6,884 Posts
Great post:-! Thanks for taking the time to put this together...excellent photos!!!

Cheers
Shannon

Reactions: oldfatherthames

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
@ all, thank you! Glad you liked my stuff. b-)

I can't wait for my 777 to get back!!!!
What happened? Did you return it because of bezel dents or mislaligments? If the latter, because of the contrast (white print on black dial) mislaligments become more obvious than on my version.

You should try the oem rubber strap from 777.
Smooth like butter
Thank you for the recommendation, Sir! :)
I have read, that it's great and soft. My Zuludiver straps are very comfortable too and I prefer those designs personally (talking purely optical).
In fact, today I once again changed the bracelet for the straps and the 317 turns out to be my favorite. As you can see from the wristshots, it's thicker than the 284 and I find it's size matches the presence of the x-turtle on my arm very nice.

Some of the pictures with the 317 posted earlier in higher resolution here and the first, a new one, I made just some moments ago.

160201_324_4_fa_c.jpg

160130_185 2.jpg

160130_162.jpg

160130_163 1.jpg

160130_169.jpg

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Beautiful photos! True to the original 6309, the SRP keeps its beauty. I almost took one home the other day but both the blue and gold versions I held at a store here had chapter ring issues so no-go for me. I will find one that's good eventually. Yours look great!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
@ all, thank you! Glad you liked my stuff. b-)

What happened? Did you return it because of bezel dents or mislaligments? If the latter, because of the contrast (white print on black dial) mislaligments become more obvious than on my version.

Thank you for the recommendation, Sir! :)
I have read, that it's great and soft. My Zuludiver straps are very comfortable too and I prefer those designs personally (talking purely optical).
In fact, today I once again changed the bracelet for the straps and the 317 turns out to be my favorite. As you can see from the wristshots, it's thicker than the 284 and I find it's size matches the presence of the x-turtle on my arm very nice.

Some of the pictures with the 317 posted earlier in higher resolution here and the first, a new one, I made just some moments ago.

View attachment 6905234

View attachment 6905242

View attachment 6905250

View attachment 6905258

View attachment 6905266

No doubt about it, it is very beautiful on nato and rubber as well.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Thanks for the great photos... like others have said, these have made me want the 775 over a 777! I think I'll wait until I can see both in person next month before I make a final decision, but it just looks so good on the rubber in your pics :-!

1 - 20 of 1791 Posts